User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 79.1K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

336 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hello everyone, my name is Damon. Although I used to frequent message boards quite often, my priorities have changed a lot in recent years; so I probably won't have the time to get involved in heavy discussions all too often, but I figured I'd at least introduce myself.

Anyway, I'm a huge gamer but am relatively new to Telltale Games. I discovered this company after finding out about Back to the Future: The Game. With BttF being my favorite movie trilogy of all time and knowing Christopher Lloyd was involved (and Bob Gale supporting it), there was no way I wasn't going to purchase this game. I loved the story and, like many others, am hoping for a second season. I also purchased Jurassic Park: The Game as the plot sounded intriguing. While I didn't like it as much, I wouldn't say it was the worst game I ever played either.

I have just finished downloading The Walking Dead and am contemplating purchasing the Sam & Max games, although I really don't know anything about the latter series. Needless to say, I think Telltale really has an eye for what the fans want. In this age of super-complex games that require multiple buttons with even more inventory screens and options, etc., it's refreshing to see a game company producing character-driven stories that even the most casual gamer can pick up with ease and minimal fuss! :)

• @suggie176 said: Hello everyone, my name is Damon. Although I used to frequent message boards quite often, my priorities have changed a lot in recent years; so I probably won't have the time to get involved in heavy discussions all too often, but I figured I'd at least introduce myself.

Anyway, I'm a huge gamer but am relatively new to Telltale Games. I discovered this company after finding out about Back to the Future: The Game. With BttF being my favorite movie trilogy of all time and knowing Christopher Lloyd was involved (and Bob Gale supporting it), there was no way I wasn't going to purchase this game. I loved the story and, like many others, am hoping for a second season. I also purchased Jurassic Park: The Game as the plot sounded intriguing. While I didn't like it as much, I wouldn't say it was the worst game I ever played either.

I have just finished downloading The Walking Dead and am contemplating purchasing the Sam & Max games, although I really don't know anything about the latter series. Needless to say, I think Telltale really has an eye for what the fans want. In this age of super-complex games that require multiple buttons with even more inventory screens and options, etc., it's refreshing to see a game company producing character-driven stories that even the most casual gamer can pick up with ease and minimal fuss! :)

Welcome Damon! I agree with you about Telltale. I was the same exact way! I found out about Telltale with BttF game, and thought it was very well done, then was so excited when I heard they were doing a Walking Dead game with direction from Robert Kirkman himself! By the way, I played the first episode and was very pleased with the experience. I love how Telltale makes uncomplicated, story and character driven games in an age of overly complex and sophisticated entertainment media.

• Everyone should play Sam & Max. The first two games are probably going to seem hard after BttF though.

• Howdy Folks! My name is Ballto, and I'm currently a Game Design student in Canada, just wanted to stop in and say "Howdy folks! My name is Ballto, and I'm currently a Game Design student in Canada."
    So now that I got that out of the way... First post Ahoy!

• @Ballto said: Howdy Folks! My name is Ballto, and I'm currently a Game Design student in Canada, just wanted to stop in and say "Howdy folks! My name is Ballto, and I'm currently a Game Design student in Canada."
    So now that I got that out of the way... First post Ahoy!

Hello Ballto. What Telltale games are you a fan of? Did you come here for Walking Dead? :rolleyes:

• Hello fellas! My name is Web Head and I started playing The Walking Dead game 3 days ago..I am a Canadian and this is the first time I register here so wassup?

• Whats up is that Walking Dead game is friggin' amazing! That's whats up! :p

The next episode should be coming very soon...:D

...oh ya and Welcome :)

• Hey, it's been ages since I was last here, and I've changed a lot :)

• It's occurred to me that I am getting closer and closer to a 100 posts and I never introduced myself. Well you know what? Forget it. I'm not going to introduce myself. I'm not going to tell you anything about me. And you're just going to have to be okay with that.

• Oh, I missed this thread! :(

Oh well! Hi, everybody! You can call me Zach, and I've been a big fan of Telltale -- as well as Sam & Max -- since about 2008 or 2009, but never really gave the forums a chance. :) It's a pleasure to be here.

Add Comment