User Avatar Image

Ridley Scott's Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Four leaked photos from the set of Ridley Scott's upcoming film Prometheus (aka the prequel to Alien) have been leaked. Observe and worship the following slices of awesomeness...

cave-450x335.jpg
A cave of some sort. You may note that the walls have an H.R. Giger (the creator of the Alien creature) vibe to them. Also, please note that the tractor is not a part of a set but rather an asset of the production team.

entrance.jpg
Mankind discovers an ancient doorway built by the mysterious Space Jockey race (whose skeletal remains were seen in the original Alien). Note the hieroglyphics surrounding the archway.

prometheus_set3.jpg
This is the secondary arch, just beyond the entrance shown in the pervious photo. Note the scale of the set against the chair towards the lower portion of the photo, this set is fucking epic!

prometheus_set_2.jpg
We're now through the second archway and standing in the main chamber. All three of the above photos are displaying one massive, glorious set. You may notice that we're certainly not in Kansas anymore, but inside the genius mind of H.R. Giger. The franchise hasn't looked this close to its source material since Ridley's original '79 masterpiece...

SpaceJockey.jpg
This is the Space Jockey set from the original Alien. It looks rather similar to the leaked photo above, yes?

228 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 'St_Eddie's 'Prometheus' Review (YouTube)

Finally, here it is; my review of Prometheus...

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I found this kind of useful/amusing, but they missed out the worms.

prometheus_infographic.jpg

• @puzzlebox said: I found this kind of useful/amusing, but they missed out the worms.

The worms weren't directly linked to the creation of the Proto-Xeno (I think it's safe to say that the black substance gives all of it's "victims" acid for blood), hence why they're not included on that image.

• How did Holloway burn to death in a carbon dioxide atmosphere?

• There was oxygen present, the air just contained a toxic concentration of carbon dioxide.

• Okay, thanks. I had to ask because that sort of thing isn't a strong suit in my knowledge banks.

• Prometheus. Prometheus.

You open with the seeding of life...eus.

Then cut to an android named David...eus.

Not many things rhyme with 'Prometheus'.

But I still love you, Prometheus...eus!

• I saw it. I loved it. The end. Screw the haters.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I saw it. I loved it. The end. Screw the haters.

Amen, brother. I believe that the majority of the haters will see just how wrong they were in time to come. 'Prometheus' just gets better and better with each viewing. I'll gladly be the first to say "told you fucking so", once they've seen the error of their ways.

The thing that really irks me about the people ragging on the film is that they often cite the "numerous plot holes" as their main complaint (Spoony, I'm looking at you), even though those "plot holes" have perfectly reasonable explanations. It's 'LOST' all over again! Learn to pay attention and get a fucking clue before you slag off a brilliant film, fools.

Add Comment