118 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Having just seen the splendors of a large dysfunctional support cast and a rich history to refer to, a reset would feel very weird. Sure, it may be better for some characters to move out and some facts to get conveniently changed, but they should keep them in the continuity to refer to and possibly insert where funny. And they should drastically cut down on the office souvenirs, but they should keep a handful of them laying around.
    You've got loads of comedy gold here; it might get in the way a bit in the future, yes, but why throw it all away when it's enough to just stash it in the background?

• I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, there's a few characters I'd like to see more of (Hugh Bliss, Bosco, the COPS).
    But on the other hand, starting with a clean slate, completely new characters replacing the old, a completely new street and office design, etc, would really make things more interesting.

The main problem I can see with a reboot is if the new characters and base locations don't go down too well. There'd definitely be a risk involved.
    Maybe if recurring characters recurred a lot less, and if the street and buildings along it somehow had an even more radical overhaul, it'd do a lot to shake things about, but series 2's managed to keep things reasonably fresh.

Either way, I'd buy another series, reboot or not, in a flash.

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

Could someone put the spoiler sign next to the thread title? I suppose I should have expected some, but honestly, I didn't.

• I'd like to see some serious cleaning up, but a reset? I don't think so.

• There's no way a reset could be better than continuing. At this point in the series, there's already a nice, huge cast built up. It'd be a shame to scrap them all.

Add Comment