User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@coolsome said: A game about a rapping genie with attitude who is ready for slam dunk fun.

That sounds complete and utter...

kazaam%20underwear.jpg

• I still say a Doctor Who game would be AMAZING if done by TTG.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Sam & Max-era Telltale, mind. Otherwise there'd basically be The Adventure Games all over again!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Sam & Max-era Telltale, mind. Otherwise there'd basically be The Adventure Games all over again!

Modern Telltale would be good too. A Doctor Who with the mechanics of The Walking Dead would be fun. Matt Smith's doctor is certainly prone to blurting out things, so the timed dialog choice mechanics would fit. Plus, The Walking Dead inventory system works well too once you get used to it. Even better in The Walking Dead is the option to do multiple things to objects (using the same system as the inventory, and contains such options as look and use). I've been wanting that back since they removed right click to examine after Bone. :) Imagine all the fun things they could have the Doctor say when he looks at things or quips about using objects or people. :D

Best of all, each episode remembering what you did in the last episode would certainly fit the serial nature of the Doctor Who television program. :D

• Bumping this thread back up to the top. Dresden Files would make a perfect TTG, much in the same way that Fables will, except Dresden Files is better. Come on telltale!

• Yeah, but they're already doing Fable. I thought it'd be a bit similar.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Not that I disagree with you, but this seems a very odd post to resurrect to basically just say "I agree".

• You know, you're right. I should say more than "I agree."

I'd like the game to be set in the early days, say between Restoration of Faith and Storm Front, detailing his early relationships with Susan, Michael, Ebenezer and Murphy.

It'd make a good story and a great introduction to people who have never read the books before, as well as filling in some blanks for us long time fans.

Something along the lines of Max's powers from Sam & Max season 3 to solve puzzles, coupled with some of the mechanics from the Walking Dead (like the divergent choice system; something the Dresden books thrive on.)

Any other thoughts on a good system for the game to run on if it was to happen? I think it'd be profitable for Telltale (the books are consistent bestsellers) and for Jim Butcher (additional merchandising and picking up more readers, assuming the game is more TWD and less Jurassic Park.)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I don't think the system matters. It'd probably sell on anything and everything. An iPad release would probably be a good idea though, since then people can read the books and play the games on the same device.

Also, I'm going to very politely ask if a mod could consider moving this discussion to the 'Telltale should make' thread, since that'd pretty much what this thread is.

• I'm sure the recombination of threads exists to merge all threads relating to the same narrow topic (ie, if somebody started a thread to ask the same broad question "What games should Telltale make?" Then it would warrant being merged.")

This thread has a different narrow topic, relating only to one game that, granted, could be mentioned in your broader subject thread, but, just like any game that is mentioned in that broad subject thread, should be allowed to have its own.

If the talking about a Dresden Files game devolved in to a conversation about other different games that Telltale should make, well, then it would make sense for it to be merged, but narrow focus warrants this threads individual existence right now, so as to prevent it being lost in the swirl of other ideas.

No disrespect meant. I am an infrequent poster to this board (joined in April 2010 and since have made few posts) but am a forum watcher. You always seem to make good points; this is just one I disagree with. You can't merge everything in to one super-thread, because then all discussion becomes diffused.

Add Comment