User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.1K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@zerodemon said: You always seem to make good points

:D

The reason I (politely) asked this thread to possibly be merged is that it seemed to be solely about "wouldn't it be awesome for Telltale to make a Dresden Files game?". Which it would, by the way. But that seemed to be all the thread was about, and since we already have a thread for "wouldn't X game by Telltale be awesome?", it's why I made the suggestion.

Also, note I don't specifically say THIS MUST BE MERGED. I asked a moderator to take a look and see for themselves if it was worth doing. The mod could say "no" and I'd accept that. I was just asking.

If this thread was about The Dresdon Files as a series, I'd A) have nothing to say since I haven't gotten round to reading them (though I know I should) and B) wouldn't have asked the thread to maybe possible be merged if a mod deems it justified. Maybe I overstepped the mark, I dunno.

God, could a mod come and tell me to stop digging myself deeper please?

• Ah well, give it some time, see if any other forum members have anything to say. It may fall back in to obscurity anyways.

And yes, you should read them. They're pretty awesome.

Back on topic; If a game was to be made, here are several key questions that would need to be addressed.

1. Where in the Dresden Files timeline would you like to see a story set?
    2. Would we be playing as Dresden, or some extended universe character?
    3. Would the Telltale Games episodic content formula work for the game?
    4. Would the game be better in another game genre (ie RPG, action adventure etc)?
    5. Under the assumption that Telltale made the game, would you buy this bad-boy?

• Family guy the game
    The lost world jurassic park
    The X files game
    I am Ledgend the game
    28 weeks later the game

• Buffy The Vampire Slayer. We'll never get a movie sooo... I can hope.

• They could have done Lost, lost is all about making choices right? lol

• @CapnJay said: Eureka
    Lost Girl
    Burn Notice

Im down for a spinoff of Jericho. I think that has potential. And I freakin loved that show so much!

• they made a jericho game though

• im all for a firefly game
    i dont care if its before the series or same time or even after serenty
    just more firefly with some telltale touch!

also lost would make me happy :+)

after Ep 2 i have extremly high hopes for telltale products it was amazing!@! so they can pull it off

• lost girl = soft pron

eureka = possible but maybe a bit similar to bttf

burn notice = good show but dunno how maybe a jp style game with qte ?

now stargate would be awesome :P

Add Comment