User Avatar Image

Will Lee meet Shane?

posted by EVOL on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

As far as we know, the games take place pretty early in the apocalypse, and probably before Rick Grimes gets out of the hospital. Does that mean Lee will be able to meet Shane during the remaining episodes?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Epic Kiwi said: Well, if I remember correctly Rick's coma at the beginning of TWD lasted something like one month before he woke up and met up with everyone (correct me if I'm wrong about that)? And Episode 2 is set to take place a few months after episode one, so there's really no chance of running into Shane at this point. Unless it happens in between episodes. :P

The human body could possibly survive for many weeks without food. But without fluids? A week at the most.

• True, but how long do you think you could sleep with a gunshot wound? With no pain meds? :) Plus the body burns way more calories recovering from a traumatic injury. Than say someone holding a controlled fast. Thats the fun part about stories like this. Each person's unique imagination, can creates such differing, yet plausible explinations for so many differing outcomes

• @Funkknuckle said: True, but how long do you think you could sleep with a gunshot wound? With no pain meds? :) Plus the body burns way more calories recovering from a traumatic injury. Than say someone holding a controlled fast. Thats the fun part about stories like this. Each person's unique imagination, can creates such differing, yet plausible explinations for so many differing outcomes

I dont think the pain from a gunshot wound would awake someone from a coma, I may be wrong but i imagine it to be very different to being asleep. as for calories I dont think it would be such an issue because the body can survive without food for a long time and the fact Rick is not moving at all means all his bodies resources are being used to heal his wounds. I think he would wake up a lot skinnier than Andrew Lincoln looked in the show though :D

As for the sticky situation of fluids as mentioned by Lars80 I imagine he has fluids being fed through a drip. they dont always run on electricity so its possible that it still continued to supply fluids even after the power went.

Ricks coma may have lasted around month but was that a month since the zombies or a month since he was admitted to hospital. I'm unsure myself.

• Either way, there's no time for Lee's group to have run into Shane, unless they did it really quickly sometime in between Episode 1 and Episode 2.

• Given the distances, the size of the groups, and the fact that they would be trying to avoid contact. However Macon isn't all that far From Atlanta. Maybe they somehow get a radio call from Glen. Then that way they could maybe briefly meet up with him, before he Glen joins TWD cast. That way there is a possibility for a meeting there maybe? Maybe work it so that a conflict with someone in Lee's group and Glen then, leading to him grouping with Shane? Maybe he was going to lead our group back to the quarry when he ran accross Rick, and what was left of his horse. He never gave back the radio. Maybe that's what he used to get ahold of rick in the Tank.

• There are other Characters that I think would be better to have in the game than Shane, He only plays a smalll role in the story and although important in the beginning is less so as you get further through the story. Characetrs I'd like to see would be....
    Andrea/amy
    Dale
    The Governor ( I think this is a possibility because of the cast of ep1 )
    Would be interesting to see billy/ben running round playing together
    Michonne..
    etc
    :D

• When Rick wakes up from the coma, he meets Morgan who tells him that all media has been shut down for weeks.. when he meets up with Glenn, or shall I say, when Glenn saves his ass in Atlanta, he asked him where he's been for the last month. When he's talking to Lori later at the camp, she says the hospital shut down less than a week after the outbreak occured. So I guess the rest is just speculation. But I'm sure I can safetly say we won't be seeing Shane in the game. I did however hear a little rumor that you might come across Woodbury. I'm sure anyone who's read the comics remembers Woodbury well! I think it'd be cool if they came across Woodbury after Rick's crew's been run out of the prison, just so we can see what's become of those pieces of sh*t! Hopefully it ain't nothin good! lol

• Yeah I agree with the majority here that there is just no way in hell anyone is going to run into Shane (plus in the comics he was a pretty dull character anyway). However I am very worried that Telltale will just straight up softball 'The Governor'. If you've read the comics you know exactly what the Governor is capable of and exactly what he did to Michonne..I honestly don't think Telltale, despite the 'death scenes' has the stones to cross over into Woodbury territory. There are some part of the apocalypse that video games are too afraid to touch..even though comics ALWAYS deal with it.

• Theres alot of issues TWDG wont deal with.

• @KidEther said: Yeah I agree with the majority here that there is just no way in hell anyone is going to run into Shane (plus in the comics he was a pretty dull character anyway). However I am very worried that Telltale will just straight up softball 'The Governor'. If you've read the comics you know exactly what the Governor is capable of and exactly what he did to Michonne..I honestly don't think Telltale, despite the 'death scenes' has the stones to cross over into Woodbury territory. There are some part of the apocalypse that video games are too afraid to touch..even though comics ALWAYS deal with it.

*Possible Spoilers*

Episode 3: Long Road Ahead

After the events of "Starved for Help", the survivors may possibly encounter the infamous town of Woodbury and will, at one point, obtain the controls of a locomotive.

That's what TWD:TG Wiki says.

You already know the show won't touch the Governor-Michonne thing. And if they do it'll be nothing like the comic! If Lee's group does come across Woodbury it'd probably be early-on. Rick's group doesn't find Woodbury until around a year after the zombie outbreak. I guess we just have to wait to find out what they do!!!

p.s. How do I get a fancy signature thingy??

Add Comment