User Avatar Image

Doug?!

posted by lohkabre on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

Am I the only person on Earth who chose to save Doug?!

Carly is a woman, and kind of a hottie. You can tell she's sweet on Lee. And all I see is, "Carly had the gun, so I saved Carly!"

..... WHAT?!

Are you people listening to that statement? She had the gun... WHY DOES SHE NEED SAVED!? Doug had no weapons, defenseless. Carly had the freaking gun IN HER HAND. If this b**** is too stupid to even use the gun (I'm not even going to get into the battery debacle), what is she good for? She started off as a good shot, and then suddenly forgot how to use her gun.

So I'm a male player, and I chose to save Doug. Because he was defenseless and I thought homegirl could hold her own. I was wrong, and I don't even miss her.

That's my rant of the day.

206 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't save Doug, he saved me.;)

• I tried both ways, and I'm starting to think that Doug would be a better person to save. Carly just has her gun - without it, she can't do much. Doug would be good, tinkering with the electronics. :D

• Plus how many bullets does that gun have left? Doen't matter how well you shoot, if you are outa ammo. ;)

• she was out of ammo dumbass. Doug is the 1 who used his back to block out the zombies which was dumb.

• I was shouting at Clem to get Carley some ammo, she just stood there, so I saved Carley. xD
    On my first save though, I saved Doug because I just clicked on the first person, I didn't even think about it, thought I was gonna be able to save them both.
    Also, if you save Doug, he keeps on asking you why you save him and not Carley. But when you save Carley, she said she understands why.

• I saved Doug. He had three zombies clawing at his back vs Carly who had a gun and one grabbing at her heel from under a wall or something. He seemed to be in a lot more trouble so I saved him first.

Obviously video game logic means that if you save one the other will die no matter what but disregarding it, that was why I saved Doug.

• 1 of the reasons i liked Carley cuz she had a rather.. soothing, calm voice. this is especially noticable in episode 3.

• I saved Carley because, ya know, Doug had maybe like two minutes of screen time in episode one. We didn't even see him in nearly the entirety of the first scene and when they finally showed him near the end of the scene, after Carley had already saved me twice and backed me up, I was legit like "who the heck is that guy?"

After saving Carley in my first playthrough and Doug in my second I can honestly say I liked Carley more. I still liked Doug though, he's a way better character then 90% of the others.

• Jesus Christ! It's become a 'hipster' thing to save Doug. Most people who save Doug ask 'am I the only one who saved Doug' and think that their superior for saving Doug. I saved Carley on my first play-through because I liked her better; please tell me how wrong I am. The game made Carley seem much more useful IMO and it was just my honest reaction to save her. God, I don't understand why people can't save whoever they want and be done with it.

Add Comment