User Avatar Image

Wreck-It Ralph

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I probably shouldn't be starting a new thread over a movie trailer, but it's such a freakin' awesome trailer, I couldn't help myself. This movie is going to be SO awesome.

Watch and squee.

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Interesting to note the lack of Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts characters. I mean those would have been the easiest of cameos to license.

• Too recent, I think. The film's going for a genuinely retro sort of feel, and although they feature 'classic' characters, Epic Mickey & Kingdom Hearts, as games, are too recent to really fall into that category.

• Epic Mickey doesn't HAVE ANY ORIGINAL VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS. EVERY character in Epic Mickey, aside from ARGUABLY Oswald's kids, is culled from the vast history of Disney animation. They are ANIMATION and COMIC STRIP characters, NOT video game characters!

Plus, Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts miss the cutoff date for this movie's subject matter by at least two decades.

• @Jennifer said: It does seem to concern them all in a Who Framed Roger Rabbit Toon Town sort of way, in that Wreck-It-Ralph ultimately has to stop events that threaten to destroy the entire arcade.

This is my very first impression from that one trailer they have released yet and future reveals might make me eat my own words; but I don't think this Ralph character is as interesting as Eddie Valiant.

• @Falanca said: This is my very first impression from that one trailer they have released yet and future reveals might make me eat my own words; but I don't think this Ralph character is as interesting as Eddie Valiant.

Agreed. But then, who is? Eddie's just a fun character....you know, for a great big stick in the mud.

• What are the odds that either Sam or Max will make an appearance? Oh wait... none... dang. :( Still - Dr. Robotnik makes an appearance!

• @FrankT said: What are the odds that either Sam or Max will make an appearance? Oh wait... none... dang. :( Still - Dr. Robotnik makes an appearance!

Even though their biggest triumph has been video games, I wouldn't consider Sam and Max video game characters in the same way as Mario, Robotnik, and co.

• No, you're right; they started as comic characters.

• @Rather Dashing said: Plus, Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts miss the cutoff date for this movie's subject matter by at least two decades.

Wasn't there a Halo-ish area shown?

• Seeing how both Pixar and Disney seem to be losing their touch with following the same old hat for entertainment. I am very glad that they(disney) decided to greenlight this movie. So far this like the modern Roger Rabbit were talking about here.

We have major video game characters from actual games that Disney managed to get the rights to rather than creating parodies of them. And this film pays tribute to classic video games during the acrade...So...Shut up and take my money Disney!!

Add Comment