1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alone in the Dark is a masterpiece. Peeps have no taste. Also pick up Worlds of Ultima 1 and 2 if you haven't already. They're fabulous and I wish their settings would see a modern RPG redo.

• @der_ketzer said: Yes it was.

But it wasn't given away free. You still had to buy it, but it was $0.00.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gibbeynator said: But it wasn't given away free. You still had to buy it, but it was $0.00.

If you buy something and do not pay for it, it's free. ;)

33b2vzd.jpg

• @Vainamoinen said: If you buy something and do not pay for it, it's free. ;)

That's how I would define it too.

@Vainamoinen said: I've been playing the new "Tiny & Big" GOG game for an hour right now, and it just fails to entertain me. Also, the nonexistent save system is a real nuisance. Casual players be damned...

Maybe tomorrow. ;)

I personally love the game. The checkpoint system really sucks though. Just save whenever I pick up an item or crush one of the mole-thingies. Aaaaaargh.
    Also: after 100 minutes in level 1 I'd actually like to know where the damned 4th stone is. :D

• Day 2's winner was Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy. Because after all - why get three great games when you could just get the one above-average one instead?

Day 3 is Serious Sam: The Second Encounter vs Postal 2.

Cast Your Vote!

• @Darth Marsden said: Day 2's winner was Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy. Because after all - why get three great games when you could just get the one above-average one instead?

I guess Jesse Cox might have had his hand in there via Twitter. But. It's actually the better choice. Say what you will I really enjoyed that game. AITD 1-3 not so much.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: That's how I would define it too.

I personally love the game. The checkpoint system really sucks though. Just save whenever I pick up an item or crush one of the mole-thingies. Aaaaaargh.
    Also: after 100 minutes in level 1 I'd actually like to know where the damned 4th stone is. :D

Second attempt today, disappointed again unfortunately. It's a nice game somehow, but I already mentioned the save system - and have now stumbled over this arcade machine mini game. Showed me a pattern to recreate once, for about 2 seconds. Consequently, I failed immediately, tried to die to restart (because, of course!, you don't get a second chance), and that didn't work. That's just sloppy design.

Game gets a third chance however. Hey, I'm a giver! :D

• Screw that noise, man. Get Resonance.

• Already got it, although I have yet to install it. Too busy working on my own projects to be playing games.

Add Comment