User Avatar Image

Games That Deserve To Be Forgotten

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Back to the Future: The "Game"

9ZYc7.png

304 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As much as I disagree with Dashing's initial post(but let's not get into that), there are a few games that I think should be gathered up and buried in a pit alongside ET.

FCB9414D00E780A578429E19AFFA59B60FAA78A9

Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings_coverart.png

Why Sega? Why?

• I STILL THINK Shadow the Hedgehog could do well if better executed gameplay-wise.

• @Falanca said: I STILL THINK Shadow the Hedgehog could do well if better executed gameplay-wise.

Well, if you could ignore every weapon and just run through and homing jump your enemies all the time, then it would've been fine. In Shadow's case, it's the idea of having weaponry in a Sonic-style game that's just wrong.

Secret Rings though...ughhh...I bought it from a friend on the cheap and I felt cheated. It's pretty, but...well, that's all it has going for it. Secret Rings is a prime example of having pretty graphics doesn't make for good games.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Sonic & the Secret Rings apparently gets better once you've picked up a few speed boosters. Yeah.

Pretty much every 3D Sonic game up until Unleashed (with the possible exclusion of Adventure 2) gets my vote. They were all so broken, '06 infinitely more so, as to be borderline unplayable. And I don't wanna hear any fanboys claiming SA1 was amazing. It wasn't. It was just the first. Having played through it completely, it's a buggy, unfocused and frustrating mess. And Heroes was just as bad. I had to CHEAT just to finish it. FAIL.

(Oh, and as for Unleashed? The WiiS2 version was actually kinda fun. Don't know about the PS360 one.)

Also, all the games I've done video reviews on. (The Crow: City of Angels, Daikatana and Bad Day LA).
    For obvious reasons.

• Anything Sonic-related after Sonic Adventure.

Also:

halo-1-boxart.jpg

As well as Call of Duty, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto, and all that other shovelware.

• @der_ketzer said: And still the first Mario game didn't set up deathtraps that you cannot avoid if you don't know about them.

And still the first Mario game threw you into the game world with no explanation of the game's story.

@der_ketzer said: Sonic & the Secret Rings apparently gets better once you've picked up a few speed boosters. Yeah.
    The game gets better because BASIC FUNCTIONALITY, things like the ability to WALK BACKWARDS, are tied into the tacked-on RPG advancement system.

• @Darth Marsden said: Sonic & the Secret Rings apparently gets better once you've picked up a few speed boosters. Yeah.

Pretty much every 3D Sonic game up until Unleashed (with the possible exclusion of Adventure 2) gets my vote.

Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 are good. Everything after sucked. Heroes eliminated the entire notion that Sonic is "the fastest thing alive" by making EVERYONE fast, Shadow threw guns and swearing into the mix to make it seem more "mature", Secret Rings basically stuck a stick up Sonic's ass and attached it to a rail and made it impossible to get through the game without raging, Sonic on the PS3/360 was(apparently, never played it myself) twitchy and the story was over-the-top serious for a series with a talking blue hedgehog, Sonic & the Black Knight was a slightly better controlled Secret Rings with the addition of making you waggle the remote, and the bullshit werehog levels(and QTEs of the PS3/360 version) ruined Sonic Unleashed. Luckily for Sega's dying mascot, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were good games.

Add Comment