User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 22.3K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why don't you wait to sell a finished product?

• @CyberJezus said: Why don't you wait to sell a finished product?

Why did you choose TTG for a game company if you don't like episodic gaming?

• Maybe it's been asked (I'm not going to skim through 20 pages)

Given a general consensus what's or would be the team's favourite Zombie movie?

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@Holiday on Matul said: Maybe it's been asked (I'm not going to skim through 20 pages)

Well, my personal favorite would have to be "Shaun of the Dead".

• @CapnJay said: so its not like

Lee called Larry an asshole Larry Dissapproves -10

Like Bioware?

Correct. There aren't invisible stat sliders you push up and down through your actions in this game. Larry literally remembers that you called him an asshole (and above that, knows that Larry is angry or touchy about certain subjects), then sees what is available for Larry to say to you given that fact. It's more complicated and more varied than that, but it's definitely closer to a web of tiny and big story opportunities than it is a series of sliders you can grind up and down.

@CapnJay said: Has the winner been announced for the spot as being cast as zombie in future episode? Believe it or not I do not have Facebook account..cant access their page. Thanks

Winners have been chosen but aren't yet announced. I think they're waiting for episode 2 to come out before announcing the winner, because if the winners were announced right now for better or worse the only comments would be "stop wasting time picking winners and release the second episode, you asses."

@CapnJay said: Simple question for The Walking Dead Team:
    Does saving different person result in different outcomes for the storyline, or does it merely make for variations in the dialogue?
    I wonder how many possibilities it would be..

Depends on what you mean "outcomes for the storyline." It would be crazy of us to confirm or deny that doing something like Saving Doug will change the end of the season, but the different characters do mean that your story goes in slightly different directions at points. A lot of that change will "just" be that you have different dialog and conversations, but there are consequences to your actions, and the effects of your early actions start to fragment and have greater change the longer you and the survivors live with them.

@CapnJay said: hey here is a question....where is episode 2? The end of June could not be more vague. How about some concrete information for a change?

If I had a 100% confirmed date and time, it would be because we're already sharing it, but I do know it's damn soon. We'll have more legit answers in the very near future, because (as you can tell by looking at the calendar) we are running out of June! I know it sucks that you guys have waited this long. We're squirming around in our seats just about as much as you are about it, I guarantee! Ep 2 is pretty sweet and I can't wait for you guys to be playing it.

@CapnJay said: will Episode 2 end on another false hope spot or will it be a flat out cliffhanger?

Do you really want an answer to this? I can confirm that the episode does NOT end with Lee literally hanging off the edge of a cliff. As for what does happen, I would feel kind of bad giving away even the TYPE of ending in store for ep 2.

@CapnJay said: Maybe it's been asked (I'm not going to skim through 20 pages)

Across the team you would probably find a lot of votes for Shaun of the dead, and then a lot of original Romero Dawn of the Dead fans coming in second (I actually don't know the breakdown of Night/Dawn/Day preferences among the team, but they are for obvious reasons cited often as favorites and as reference by folks who are excited to be making a Walking Dead game).

• @Jake said:
    If I had a 100% confirmed date and time, it would be because we're already sharing it, but I do know it's damn soon. We'll have more legit answers in the very near future, because (as you can tell by looking at the calendar) we are running out of June! I know it sucks that you guys have waited this long. We're squirming around in our seats just about as much as you are about it, I guarantee! Ep 2 is pretty sweet and I can't wait for you guys to be playing it.

So can you say whether or not it will remain a June release? Is there a possibility we won't see it until July?

Can you cite what caused the delays?

Also, are the other episodes (as of now) on schedule for July, August, September releases, or will we be seeing more extended gaps?

• My question is how long has episode 2 been finished for? I imagine it was finished a helluva long time ago but the licensing deals kind of screwed us with the wait.

• @MarkDarin said: Well, my personal favorite would have to be "Shaun of the Dead".

@MarkDarin said:
    Across the team you would probably find a lot of votes for Shaun of the dead, and then a lot of original Romero Dawn of the Dead fans coming in second (I actually don't know the breakdown of Night/Dawn/Day preferences among the team, but they are for obvious reasons cited often as favorites and as reference by folks who are excited to be making a Walking Dead game).

Cheers for replying, it's good to know the game's in safe hands.

• How many walkers could a walker walk if a walker could walk walkers?

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@ronCYA said: How many walkers could a walker walk if a walker could walk walkers?

Add Comment