User Avatar Image

Josh Mandel and Telltale

posted by BagginsKQ on - last edited - Viewed by 945 users

What if it turns out that Josh Mandel has a contract to work on the new King's Quest games for Telltale?

What would people think?

Edit: mispelled Telltale in the topic title, can someone fix that?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think this is the Mandel we're looking for.

mandel_2.png

• Personally I would love for him to at least be involved wherein he does the voice acting for King Graham. I always thought his voice matched well with the character and would welcome him back in this latest version. I was happy when the fan-made redux of the king's quest game from AGD used him to play King Graham and was sad when The Silver Lining used someone else.

• Very true, I wasn't saying that it wasn't a fan game I was just happy that as a fan game AGD managed to get Josh Mandel and was hoping that TSL would be able to do the same. It made the game no less fun without his voice but I was just commenting that it was sad to hear someone other than he voice Graham. I am looking forward to this new King's Quest, though I do hope that after all the chapters come out it will be at least a 40+ hour playthrough. :)

• User Avatar Image
    exo

To answer the original question, it wouldn't change my mind about the game at all. TT has a very specific MO when it comes to making adventure games. Do any of us honestly expect them to develop an entirely new style just for this series? Having Josh involved, or at the helm, might help add a few things here and there that older fans can relate too, but it wouldn't change the core gameplay or style at all.

• @exo said: TT has a very specific MO when it comes to making adventure games. Do any of us honestly expect them to develop an entirely new style just for this series?

Going on their recent games, that is exactly what they will do.

• As I understand it, Josh Mandel actually WAS involved with TSL at one time, but severed his involvement after a number of core disagreements concerning the direction of the project. I also don't believe he was ever slated to actually voice Graham, as the creators of TSL have stated on numerous occasions that they were never terribly enamored with Josh's original vocal performances. For what it's worth, I do believe that Josh and the POS team directors have since mended fences, though he does remain unaffiliated with the project.

And seeing as Josh is currently actively working on other professional adventure game projects, it seems unlikely that he would ALSO be working with Telltale on their bastardization of this hallowed series.

• @Lambonius said: it seems unlikely that he would ALSO be working with Telltale on their bastardization of this hallowed series.

Have you seen a screenshot of the game already? A demo? A piece of gameplay? A leaked design document or "script"? If not, how can you tell that it is a "bastardization"?

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Have you seen a screenshot of the game already? A demo? A piece of gameplay? A leaked design document or "script"? If not, how can you tell that it is a "bastardization"?

If you can submit to me one single Telltale game that was ever anywhere close to as good as the adventure games of the 1990s, I'll happily rescind that statement.

• @Lambonius said: If you can submit to me one single Telltale game that was ever anywhere close to as good as the adventure games of the 1990s, I'll happily rescind that statement.

But if you hate TT and the fact that they have the license, why do you hang around here? I don't really like Blizzard Entertainment; As such, I have no intentions of joining a Blizzard forum to talk about how I feel they suck or how I feel resentful that Blizzard still exists while Sierra died under the same parent company.

Add Comment