User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23.1K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, though Shaun of the dead is definately one of their best. It's a classic. It's probably one of my most watched zombie films.

• @MarkDarin said: 42.

STOP POSTING ON THE DAMN MESSAGE BOARD.. GET BACK TO WORK AND GET THE GAME RELEASED ALREADY.

joking

figured someone would say something like this sooner or later (kind of like NFL fans who think a player should be constantly practicing and not posting something on twitter) :D

My question (possibly asked before):

You said that you haven't announced or started on a second season but....

The Walking Dead Game Season 2... Possible, Probable, Not likely???

I know we have only gotten one episode but I love it.. If a second season were announced I'd probably go ahead and pay for it now lol

• There is one thing that im completey afraid of about this game. This fear has nothing to do with zombies......

I hope this game has a Ton of different endings..

My fear is that this game will play the game 2 ways. A deceitful aggressive lee. And a smart and nice lee.

When i play one of these types if games.... i like to be a jerk first.

The next playthrough im very honest and positive. Then the games over. And im done with it

I hope this doesnt happen to the walking dead. And my question is.......

Are there going to be a ton of ways to play lee? Rather than just honest and positive. Or deceitful and dark.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@donnyvan711 said:

My fear is that this game will play the game 2 ways. A deceitful aggressive lee. And a smart and nice lee.

That is not the way this game has worked in episode 1. Really deceitful and aggressive options were hardly to be found. Lee's a decent guy mostly, however you play... so I doubt that will determine the final ending(s).

• But what im saying is that i hope there is a huge grey area.

• I have a Question which will be out first Penny Arcade Rainslicked Precipice of Darkness Episode 3 or Starved for Help...

also anyone think the protagonist from the first two Penny Arcade games will be back for 3 in any way shape or form?

• Alright, I have quite the shopping list of questions so I suppose I might as well start from the top.

In Episode 1 there seemed to be a greater opportunity to interact with Carly as Opposed to Doug. You have the conversation in the office, the side "mission" to find the batteries, the ability to give her an energy bar as opposed to Doug, the opportunity to go out into the field with her to assist Glenn. Not to mention she saves you from zombies twice, I just feel there was meant to be more of a connection to Carly given all the interaction. Was this intentional? Are you going to balance out things like this in the future to destroy the perception of a right choice? (I honestly picked Carly just because I felt like she was given A LOT more face time and was thus the appropriate person to save, as well as enjoying her aid, of course.)

A large amount of the community has a lot of hate for Larry. I honestly was on the ropes with him until Episode 1 was coming to an end at which point I joined the crowd of Larry haters. In your recent E3 coverage I noticed Larry actually attempting to save you from a zombie in the truck bed, and after it all goes down hill and you're rolling around he's the one who finishes it off. Does this mean that Larry is going to be portrayed in a more positive light in future Episodes, or perhaps he's just saving you because of your ability to complete tasks and assist the group?

From what iv'e read of E3 coverage it seems as though Mark was introduced between Ep1 and Ep2, is this true or does he have an introduction during Ep 2? If he is introduced between, will we get any of his backstory previous to the group? (I really dig his Jacket and Pants, seems like a "cool" guy)

Will we be running into any other tasteful cameos? I know Lilly eventually becomes a part of the Woodbury community, is there a chance we'll actually see this happen? (Or perhaps be in Woodbury for a small portion of time and then leave?!:D)

Last but not least I was wondering about your plans for group dynamics.At the moment at least Lee reminds me a lot of a combination of Axle and Tyreese from the comics being that he has a generally good disposition, brings some much needed muscle to the group and seems to be very loyal to the people he is with at this time (Except Larry and to a lesser extent Lilly). It seems like Lilly is the self proclaimed leader of the group; my question is this. If you were to influence the other survivors in positive ways, would you be shifted into a more leader-esque role in later Episodes?

• Mines just a short question that I apologize if it's already been asked... Any chance that future episodes will have more then three save spots? With the sheer amount of changing that could take place and different options available... I'll probably be playing through a fair number of times!

• @Gratefully Dead said: Mines just a short question that I apologize if it's already been asked... Any chance that future episodes will have more then three save spots? With the sheer amount of changing that could take place and different options available... I'll probably be playing through a fair number of times!

well once you've used all three slots out of all 5 episodes you can use the rewind feature to change choices without redoing the earlier choices that don't change anything ?

Add Comment