User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Every time she talks, walk forward. Check her for an option. If there isn't one, walk forward again. Repeat. I think the first time you go inside she has two lines before you can talk to her.

• Ok sweet that worked. You have to go really slow and just tap the analog stick thank you very much! :)

• That isn't working for me. She speaks once as soon as I walk in the door, I then creep forward little by little searching the room for an option and get nothing. The next time she speaks she shoots and kills me. It is so frustrating I gave up playing. Anyone else having this problem?

• @ThunderCrapper said: That isn't working for me. She speaks once as soon as I walk in the door, I then creep forward little by little searching the room for an option and get nothing. The next time she speaks she shoots and kills me. It is so frustrating I gave up playing. Anyone else having this problem?

Did you choose to say nothing to Brenda? I did that, and was never able to make it trigger. Tried for at least an hour, then rewinded back to the part with Danny, and chose a different option. After that, I was able to do it several times first try.

• @ThunderCrapper said: That isn't working for me. She speaks once as soon as I walk in the door, I then creep forward little by little searching the room for an option and get nothing. The next time she speaks she shoots and kills me. It is so frustrating I gave up playing. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the exact same problem. The very first time I entered the house there was dialoge and options about how you could bargain/threaten Brenda.

I could see Mike/Mark (can't remember his name) as a walker at the top of the stairs... but Brenda shot me.

Now when the game re-loads I have no dialogue options and absolutely nothing works. Inching the controller forward just gets me shot.

• Man this sucks - stupid glitchy game... they should have just kept delaying it since the damn thing doesn't work.

I rewound to back before you and Kenny sneak out of the barn. no change. There is absolutely nothing that i can do to get the dialogue options with Brenda to repeat. She just shoots me... and if I stand there nothing happens.

If I approach her to where she points the gun at me - I take both hands off the thumbsticks but she shoots me anyway. I can try to hold BACKWARD on the thumb sticks and she shoots me anyway. There is nothing I can do (or not do) to prevent her from shooting.

• @holeydonut said: Man this sucks - stupid glitchy game... they should have just kept delaying it since the damn thing doesn't work.

I rewound to back before you and Kenny sneak out of the barn. no change. There is absolutely nothing that i can do to get the dialogue options with Brenda to repeat. She just shoots me... and if I stand there nothing happens.

If I approach her to where she points the gun at me - I take both hands off the thumbsticks but she shoots me anyway. I can try to hold BACKWARD on the thumb sticks and she shoots me anyway. There is nothing I can do (or not do) to prevent her from shooting.

You need to move the right stick onto her and talk. It's not a glitch it's just your lack of observation and trial and error.

• @jangjangchang said: You need to move the right stick onto her and talk. It's not a glitch it's just your lack of observation and trial and error.

My right-stick cursor is planted on her forehead. I am not a gamer who relies on "inverted" mouse to be effective.

• When she says don't move or I'll shoot(The second dialog where she shoots you), do NOT move the analog stick at all. You can talk. Had the problem for awhile too.

• None of this is working for me. Also I haven't seen a walker in the house but I do hear some groaning. This does appear to be a glitch if this many people are having the problem.

Add Comment