User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had this same problem when i played but you really just have to barely tap the analog stick forward then check if theres an option and then repeat. Before you enter she will say something then when you get inside the door she will say something and Lee says to stop or something. Wait for the dialougue to finish then just barely creep forward. Just keep on trying and you should get it.

• People are so quick to cry 'GLITCH!' whenever they can't get their head around something.

Just keep trying and try to press the analog stick gently, rather than hammering it with all the subtlety of a Gorilla.

• The walker (Mark) is at the top of the stairs. If you walk slowly and use some patience, Brenda keeps backing off, further and further up the stairs, until he grabs her.

• Been lurking since Episode 1 came out, thought i'd register...

This is whats happening to me, I open the door, walk forward till she tells me to stop, i stop, i talk to her (using the calm option) and then she backs up the stairs, i then do this again...

After i've done it twice theres nothing i can do, the option to talk doesnt come up again and the only thing i can do is walk forwards and i've done it so slowly it took me a few minutes, moving a tiny bit at a time and still doesnt work, she gives no warning, it stops me, she says something like "i didnt want it to come to this Lee" and blows my head off.

I'll try it again tonight to see if it will work but unless the way you do it changes after the first two times then it's definitely a glitch.

• @ChickVelcro said: The walker (Mark) is at the top of the stairs. If you walk slowly and use some patience, Brenda keeps backing off, further and further up the stairs, until he grabs her.

I put down my banana before trying again (you know, to absolve myself of your gorilla analogy) and it's hit or miss whether it works (mostly miss)

I'm not a moron, I understand that you have to make sure your cursor is pointed at Brenda and you let go of the thumbsticks when she points the gun at you. The problem is she blows your head off without the game ever providing dialogue options.

Apparently most of you seem to get dialogue options when you're patiently waiting while she points a gun at you. I'm telling you all that even with the cursor pointed at her face and my left thumbstick in its neutral position, I get shot in the face.

Basically there is about a 10% chance I can get past the first time she points the gun. If by some strange stroke of luck the game lets me past the first dialogue option, then there is another 10% chance I can get past the second time. As you can imagine... this isn't an effective way to play the game.

• User Avatar Image
    ArthurV Telltale Staff

The interaction node to communicate with Brenda when she points her gun at Lee is on her stomach. Try placing your reticle there. The analog stick on the Xbox 360 can be very sensitive. You need to immediately stop when Brenda points her gun at Lee. Then use the right analog stick to place your cursor right above Katjaa's head. Select the "nice" option (if you let the dialogue time out or select the aggressive option, she will shoot Lee).

Hope that helps!

• I went back to the start of the chapter and made a couple of different choices, i spared the guy in the barns life and told Brenda i left him in the barn instead of pretending to be him like i did the first time, it then worked how it was supposed to so anyone having problems should go back and try something else to see if it works i guess.

• @ArthurV said: The interaction node to communicate with Brenda when she points her gun at Lee is on her stomach. Try placing your reticle there.

I think you guys are being obtuse - there is no place I can put the cursor on her to trigger the interaction. Do you think I would be able to get this far in the game if I didn't know how to move the cursor over the hotspots?

Brenda simply does not pause after pointing the gun and proceeds to shoot you with no opportunity to butt in.

In the rare cases where she doesn't shoot Lee - I can just sit there and stare at her while mulling over the two dialogue options for quite some time. Unfortunately this is a very rare occurrence and does not repeat it self often enough for me to get past this scene in the game.

My point is the dialogue options are not appearing - regardless of where the cursor is and with the left-thumbstick in its neutral position.

The only thing appearing is a bullet hitting Lee in the face.

• @holeydonut said: I think you guys are being obtuse - there is no place I can put the cursor on her to trigger the interaction. Do you think I would be able to get this far in the game if I didn't know how to move the cursor over the hotspots?

Brenda simply does not pause after pointing the gun and proceeds to shoot you with no opportunity to butt in.

In the rare cases where she doesn't shoot Lee - I can just sit there and stare at her while mulling over the two dialogue options for quite some time. Unfortunately this is a very rare occurrence and does not repeat it self often enough for me to get past this scene in the game.

My point is the dialogue options are not appearing - regardless of where the cursor is and with the left-thumbstick in its neutral position.

The only thing appearing is a bullet hitting Lee in the face.

My cousin beat it and it was her 2nd time picking up a Xbox controller. She didn't even die once.

It's not the game it's you. If she shoots you right when she points the gun at you it means you didn't stop fast enough.

• @jangjangchang said: My cousin beat it and it was her 2nd time picking up a Xbox controller. She didn't even die once.

It's not the game it's you. If she shoots you right when she points the gun at you it means you didn't stop fast enough.

No... If you read my posts it's pretty obvious its a glitch. I did nothing different the second time and it worked after i'd made different choices before the scene.

Add Comment