User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Episode 2 Xbox (not working)

posted by crayonsinboxes on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I download the newest DLC for the walking dead episode 2.
now when i go into the game my save no longer comes up but says I have to start a new game, which I could live with even though my save still exists
I then went to episode 2 which says I have purchased it but continues to say get and bring up the download prompt. I have tried deleting and re downloading but I still cant play it at all
any words of wisdom?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just adding that I'm having this exact same problem. Ep 2 worked fine for the gamertag that purchased it, but it doesn't let the other tags on the console play or show their saves.

• I cant play the game. It says i have to purchase it when i already did. Help!!

• @crayonsinboxes said: I download the newest DLC for the walking dead episode 2.
    now when i go into the game my save no longer comes up but says I have to start a new game, which I could live with even though my save still exists
    I then went to episode 2 which says I have purchased it but continues to say get and bring up the download prompt. I have tried deleting and re downloading but I still cant play it at all
    any words of wisdom?

I have had the same issue since release. I downloaded Episode 2 on the marketplace, then let it download to my harddrive and booted the game, and when i go into 'play' 'episode 2', it says iv'e purchsed it, but tells me to 'get' and i try to redownload the content and it still won't work. Also when i try to play episode 1 it doesnt recognize my save file, which is completed. i tried deleting the vanilla game and dlc, kepping my save file in cloud, then redownloaded, but same problem. Need advice please as i don't want to have wasted the 400 points. Thank you.

• Hello. Have you looked into the problem people are having with accessing the game? I bought the game and downloaded it, but i cant play it. When i boot up the game, it just says "get" in the episode menu even though it also says i have purchased it. I have tried deleting it and redownloaded it, but nothing helps. I wont even load my save game. I can only choose new game.

Xbox 360 version. Any help would be apperciated. Its frustrating to say the least. Thanks

• Having the same problem. Deleted all , cleared cache and even started episode one again. Nothing is letting me play episode 2 and my game saves not there even though it's on my hard drive. Don't even think anyone from telltale are even bothering about this. Very disappointing has to be said.

• Ya I tried again this morning, not happening.
    I am starting to get frustrated cause I really
    Like part 1. Need help from a Dev. Ideally.
    Maybe this isn't the right forum?

Help Telltell please.

• Starting to see why episode 2 is called starved for help lol. Still not working for me. Haven't A clue whats up with it. I've about giving up with it. Thing is I think it's happened to quite a few folk.

• I PreOrdered the walking Dead Arcade Game for Xbox 360 on the Website, and now on Xbox Live it is wanting me to pay to be able to Download the 2nd Episode for me to be able to Play it, and I don't think that I should need to pay for it again when I already have Paid for the Full Game, so please if someone in Support please help me figure out this whole thing, please, thank you very much.

Christopher R. Davis

• I'm having the same problem. I downloaded episode 2 and started to play it. When I started the game again, it doesn't recognize my save game (which is on the xbox harddrive) and will still continually ask me to "get" the purchased episode 2. I have also already tried clearing my cache and deleting and redownloading both the game (ep. 1) and the episode 2 DLC, but this hasn't worked for me, either.

• @ Rick grimes.

How much did u preorder the game for originally,
    Because I thInk u bought the base game but
    Every episode is an additional 400 Microsoft points.
    So the preorder might not cover dlc.

Add Comment