User Avatar Image

[WD] Changed choices.

posted by franapbsilva on - last edited - Viewed by 9.9K users

Hey TTG!!!
I started playing the Episode 2 today, and my choices were changed!!!!! Wath the Hell??? I saved Doug in the hand, but in the second episode Carley it's still alive!!! :mad:

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can you guys give me a rundown on exactly how you're starting Episode 2, please? Are you seeing your save games after you first click Play on the main menu? If you select your save and then scroll to Episode 2, is it asking if you want to generate random story decisions, or is it going right into the episode?

• @Nuvas said: 1) Admin account, yes

2) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

3) Game has remained untouched since original installation

Same here! (But my problem is with the bitten/not bitten discussion.)

To start the new episode, I select my save, went to Episode 2 and it started the episode right away. TellTale's client PC version.

• Just started playing episode two and I'm already disappointed.

At the end of the first episode you have a choice of keeping Carley or Doug alive. I picked Carley, the stats say I picked Carley, and yet when I load my save and begin episode two I'm shown a "previously on" montage that shows her being killed rather than Doug. Now I begin the game and Doug is happily alive rather than being zombie food.

For a game where your choices are supposed to have major implications across all five episodes, it's pretty damning that only the second episode has altered one of the biggest choices from episode one. How do I know some of my other choices haven't been changed as well? The only thing I could do now is start over episode one from the start and hope it doesn't happen again. But I don't have the motivation to do that nor do I have a desire to play episode two because of this gaffe. Severely frustrating.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm playing on the PC as well.

• I have had no issues over here, even the minor choices that I made showed up fine.

Did you replay the game and save Doug?

• @Gman5852 said: I have had no issues over here, even the minor choices that I made showed up fine.

Did you replay the game and save Doug?

I started a brand new save but never even reached that part.

I loaded my original save and the stats clearly displayed each choice I made along with the percentage of other players who did the same. It said I saved Carley and yet episode two alters this.

@Gman5852 said: Can you guys give me a rundown on exactly how you're starting Episode 2, please? Are you seeing your save games after you first click Play on the main menu? If you select your save and then scroll to Episode 2, is it asking if you want to generate random story decisions, or is it going right into the episode?

I clicked play and it came up with my save games, I chose my save, looked at my stats on episode one to see my choices then when I clicked play on episode two it started the game straight away.

• 1) Admin
    2) Windows 7 64
    3) No

From "Play," I see my saved games, but when I select and scroll to Episode 2, it goes right into the episode without asking about story decisions.

I've replayed the last two chapters of Episode 1 three times, each time saving Carley, but when I start up Episode 2, it's Doug who's lived.

• @Mike said: Can you guys give me a rundown on exactly how you're starting Episode 2, please? Are you seeing your save games after you first click Play on the main menu? If you select your save and then scroll to Episode 2, is it asking if you want to generate random story decisions, or is it going right into the episode?

1. Click Play
    2. Select Save Game (I have all three with the same choices)
    3. Press RB to go to Episode 2
    4. Press A to play. That's the only option there besides quit. It doesn't ask to transfer story decisions over, not sure if it's supposed to do that or something. Just WAM episode 2, doug eating pie blahblah.

I'm running the executable with admin privilege checked. Win 7 64-bit.

When I return to main menu, all the game settings revert, and my saves magically disappear, until I quit the game and reboot it.

• Used the rewind feature and saved Carley again and Doug still appears in episode two.

j7cmzl.jpg

Should be like this!

• @Mike said: Can you guys give me a rundown on exactly how you're starting Episode 2, please? Are you seeing your save games after you first click Play on the main menu? If you select your save and then scroll to Episode 2, is it asking if you want to generate random story decisions, or is it going right into the episode?

I've done a few ways, all with the same result.

[Start Game]
    [Choose Game]
    [Load Game - Ep. 1]
    Scenario: Cuts to last scene Ep. 1 -- At the Motel.
    Talk with everybody, end scene, roll credits.
    [Back to Main]

This, I admit was foolish. But I thought that for some reason if I loaded from the last auto-save that I'd refresh myself on the gameplay before starting the next episode. However, the episodes were not linked at all and had to choose the second episode from the load screen, using my original saved game.

[Start Game]
    [Choose Game]
    [Load Game - Ep. 2]
    Scenario: Starts off with the cut-scene. During the previews, it shows alternate choice of Carley being alive instead of my man Doug. Said "wtf?" and ended up leaving game.
    [Back to Main]

[Delete Save File]
    [Start New Game]
    [Play Ep. 1, make same decisions -- Choose Doug over Carley]
    [Choose Ep. 2]
    Scneario: Same as #2, only this time I replayed all of the Episode 1 without any other save files available. Carley was STILL in the previews for the Ep. 2.
    [ragequit]
    [join forums]
    [complain]

Edit: At no time did my game need to auto-create choices for me. I saw that option to start Ep. 2 without any of my previous saves. So I can authoritatively say that I did not personally allow the game to choose anything for me.

• did exactly the same as brawl.kc

right now after countless tries it even "erased" my savegames! (so it seemed) all my 3 saves were gone and instead there was an "episode 2" save in the middle, which "obviously" had the wrong ep1 decisions in it... (save files returned after restarting the game, ep2 save was gone)

i know you are working hard on fixing this, but after weeks of waiting to continue "my tailored story" i'm a bit butthurt and nerdragy atm...

Add Comment