User Avatar Image

Kenny Episode 1 Choices Glitch (Spoilers)

posted by genericHenle on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

In Episode 1 where Larry is trying to kill Duck I told Kenny to reason with him. Then I yelled at Larry telling him that he wouldn't lay a hand on anyone. In episode 2, Kenny says that I wanted to throw Duck out of the building and that he doesn't trust me with his family. I realize that this happens because of the "reasoning" option. This just seems like a huge oversight since I basically said I was going to beat the hell out of Larry if he touched Duck and Kenny said he trusted me completely at the end of 1.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    zipp BANNED

Yeah I noticed that to.

• Yup same here, seems Kenny forgot entirely how much I sided with him and helped him out in Episode 1. Basically towards the end of episode two I was hoping I'd have a chance to leave his ass to die.

• @3elevenX said: Yup same here, seems Kenny forgot entirely how much I sided with him and helped him out in Episode 1. Basically towards the end of episode two I was hoping I'd have a chance to leave his ass to die.

Yeah by the end of 2 he was like an arch nemesis. He just argued with everything. It was just a lost cause trying to reason with him. Lily actually listened to feedback.

• Yeah, I had that problem. It seemed that Kenny forgot how I threatened to punch Larry and defended Duck. >.>

• i felt empty and disapointed by this change if kenny 'goes' larry on lee then whats the point of the choice to side with him?

giving the player a false impression while clever to fool us and then surprise us, it then makes the choice a moot point.. like so many others...

ok so in ep2 we have kenny copying clem constantly bringing up the bad stuff..

imo very depressing...not a good thing for a game...

i hope ttg improve the choices making a better impact than just one character bitching on and on...like a kid spitting their dummy out..

• Yeah, my stats for episode 1 say I chose to rescue Duck and that I sided with Kenny at the drugstore, yet at the start of episode 2 he says I left Duck in danger twice.

This isn't the only bug I've noticed while playing episode 2.
    It was already very late arriving. I don't see why they chose not to make it a little bit later and actually release a fully completed and polished product.

• Agreed. This really threw me off. I hope they fix this, I dont mind replaying it, the game is pretty short this far anyway just PLEASE fix it

• Yes please fix it. It was the only disappointing thing about this episode. Kenny thinks that I wanted to throw Duck out of the drugstore. On the stats it said I sided with Larry, but only because of one dialogue option I accidently chose, because I thought I would be siding with kenny. Generally though I argued against Larry, and I even punched him. I was sticking up for Kenny and I was led to believe that characters remember what you say to them. At the end of episode 1, kenny even called me a friend. This seems like a huge oversight. Okay in episode 2 I found myself changing allegiances, as Kenny turned into a bit of an a***** but for continuity purposes it did annoy me.

• i found this too be very strange too.. I sided with kenny the whole way in the first episode, but like the rest of you he said i did the opposite, which is what is making me drift towards Lilly from now on..

Add Comment