User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Ending Choice!

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 804 users

So how many people looted the car at the end and why? Personally i took the food becasue no one was around and we needed it. I then told Clementine it was ok. Do you think this small yet big choice will have a larger outcome?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What I didn't understand is why we weren't allowed to take only 2 boxes of food and ration as usual?

They had presumably survived off of less for quite a while.

I was saying in mind. Ok, we'll only take 2 boxes of food and one box of supplies, sadly there was no [o] button to back out and I was forced to just keep taking until the back of the station wagon was empty.

• It sounded like someone was watching in the bushes when your debating looting the car.

• I admit as I was playing I was hoping for a third option to just take some of the stuff, but alas no such option. So I ultimately said no thanks, did no good either way though.

• were just monsters that came out of the woods and ruined their lives

• The car was out of gas but the last person using the car left the lights on making me think they were just scouting for gas and wanted to have an easier time finding their lit up car in the woods. I passed on looting.

• you guys do realise the car belonged to that crazy lady in the forest, in the end on the cam corder it shows her stomping something in that same car.

so you were stealing from a dead lady, but idk why it was still on :/ idk

• @pwnah said: you guys do realise the car belonged to that crazy lady in the forest, in the end on the cam corder it shows her stomping something in that same car.

that would explain the coat

• I didn't I thought it be someone else food and they were just trying to survive. I wish the others would of not did it but there was nothing I could of done to stop them. If I had the option to I would of but then again that might change something later on.

• @pwnah said: you guys do realise the car belonged to that crazy lady in the forest, in the end on the cam corder it shows her stomping something in that same car.

You don't know that until after they take the batteries from the car and get the camera going again. That's AFTER you decide not to loot the car.

Frankly it's a bit infuriating. If I knew it belonged to the bandits or the dead lady, that changes EVERYTHING! But, the decision was already made, so Clementine goes hungry and cold.

So, so very stupid.

Logically they'd have to realize this was either owned by the ass-hole bandits or the dead lady and they'd take the food, but since this is never shown, you have to assume the supplies are still considered forbidden by Lee.

It's so stupid to leave the supplies there, that when I replay Episode 2 (my saves got broken), I will definitely take the supplies. I still think that at that juncture, it seems like the wrong thing to do, but future-knowledge means it's the right thing to do. Bah! I might as well be a total jerk to the dairy farmers as well, for all the sense this makes, but I'm not going to let Clem freeze for nothing.

• Of course I took the food! I mean, hey: they left the car unlocked and out in the open with the headlights on and everything. You wouldn't leave your car like that for more than five minutes and that's about the period of time the group was standing there.
    I figured it was abandoned, hence it was okay to take the supplies.
    (Maybe it was a set trap though?)

I find it kinda amusing to read: "I didn't steal the food because I had to make up for the murder on Danny / Andy in front of Clementine."
    Yeah: "Kid, sometimes, you have to kill a defenseless man caught in a bear trap. But NEVER EVER take food from someone else, no matter how close you are to starving." lol

I killed Danny because I didn't realize I had a choice and went like "Oh!" when I saw the you-made-a-choice note on top of the screen and watched the camera panning to a horrified Clementine. That really made me feel bad.

Add Comment