User Avatar Image

I don't get why people saved Carly

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I never got the reason why people saved Carly over Doug, I mean for ffs Carly put the batteries in the wrong way and she didn't even know how to work a radio.

She was a good shooter but Doug was smarter than her imo.

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We only protect Clementine by the way Clementines Morality says stealing is wrong

• @Web Head said: Why wasn't Glenn there to help them? WTF?

He was mocking Rick in the Tank over Queen Clems Walkie Talkie

• I saved her because time and time again she has helped Lee. Take for example when she stuck her neck out for him when they first met, and brought him into the drugstore, or how when she went with him to save Glen, all Doug basically did was reprogram a remote for him. I have to admit having a tech savvy person around would probably be pretty helpful, considering it is much easier to learn to shoot a weapon than learn tech skills in a zombie apocalypse, but I tried to look at it from Lee's perspective as to which he would probably feel closer to.
    I tried to do for people based on their usefulness as a whole, take for example Duck, he is a child, and isn't really going to be much help as far as anything goes, I was willing to let him die over Shawn, and was willing to let him get thrown out when it was thought he had been bitten. I realize it probably sounds cold, but you have to put things into perspective, yes this person may be a child, or tech savvy, or whatever, but how is that going to be useful to you and the rest of the group as a whole in the future.

• I chose Carley cuz shes compatible with my, uhh... yeah.

• So basically Shoopuff your not playing Lee your playing Albert Wesker

• @Franzs said: Because my protagonist has no problems with batteries whereas he has no pistol so he can handle all the battery related emergencies and she can do the shooting. Plus the dude was fat. Also when the time comes to repopulate the earth he sure as hell isn't going to do it with that other horrible woman.

This. She's pretty, had my back so far, and gained my trust by accepting and keeping Lee's secret.

And Lee even teased her about the battery thing, which I thought was one of the funnier moments of that pretty grim episode.

• Hrmn...

Choice 1: I lose ammo like there's no tomorrow. [Carly]
    Choice 2: I gain an early warning system. [Doug]

That's a hard choice.

I saved Doug originally because I had a feeling he'd be jury-rigging all sorts of crap, as is the wont of very technically minded sorts. So I just had a hunch that he'd turn out okay.

On the other hand, Carly just isn't very bright. She goes blabbing about Lee's past right away and at an awkward time instead of keeping her peace for a better time, she wastes ammo like there's no tomorrow whilst claiming to be a crack-shot maverick, and she can't handle putting batteries into a radio.

I mean, the intelligent woman on the team is Lilly, and I'll be sure to keep her alive and well. But Carly? Yeahno. I'll take Doug, every time.

Besides, Lilly and Kenny are both plenty good with guns. So having a third is a pointless, ammo-wasting redundancy.

• @Dildor said: This. She's pretty, had my back so far, and gained my trust by accepting and keeping Lee's secret.

And Lee even teased her about the battery thing, which I thought was one of the funnier moments of that pretty grim episode.

They're pretty equal in regards to humour moments with the characters. Doug had his in regards to his beloved laser pointer, which I found hilarious.

Also, interesting that physical attraction factors into whom should survive, there! That might not be in your best interests at the end of the day. >_>

• She's female. That's your answer :D

• @Schizodeluxe said: She's female. That's your answer :D

That's an incredibly depressing answer.

Carly: A person who exists to be sexually objectified and saved only for that reason! Because golly gee we're straight and we want to bang her.

So depressing.

See, this makes my decision regarding Doug even more concrete. :P

Add Comment