User Avatar Image

Spoilers\ What was your decision on the two brothers?

posted by DREWBAA on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I killed them both.

When I finished the game it said only 12% of players killed them..

Were you guys asleep?? They killed and fed you a member of your own group and held the rest of you in a torture chamber and you let them live?!?!?!

I guess I am going to have to rock the impending apocalypse solo then.. weak.

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • By sparing the men, in my opinion, you are working against rebuilding a lawful / working society. These men are allowed to continue killing and/or spreading their philosophy of cannibalism (they did try to convert you before eating you).

Again, there is no authority to which to turn them over. Survivors will have to eventually create a new authority / government. Shall Lee and the others detain them until such a group is organized? That was not a choice presented in the game.

Also, the choice to sequester Clementine was not presented in the game. It is interesting to me that players would choose to spare the men simply to spare Clementine the trauma.

I do agree that sparing her the trauma would be preferable (with a later adult-to-child explanation of what happened). But the evil that could be unleashed, and the evil that would go unpunished, outweighs a single moment in a child's life (who, though unfortunate, has been through a lot already.) (Additionally, the trauma caused to Clementine is only relevant in the killing of the second brother, as it is knowledge you wouldn't have on the first brother when making a decision, though I guess you could assume she would be near.) I wouldn't risk these men hunting these people I care about or even people I haven't met.

Anyway, time for some Starcraft 2. :)

• @CapnJay said: Didn't Shepard say that to Illusive Man in ME3

ME2, actually. Just before he blows up the Collector Base. Nice catch. :D

• I let 'em live. The first, I just wanted to be the bigger man. Not murdering in front of Clem wasn't even something I was thinking of, but I was glad I didn't when I saw that smile. :)

The other was dead anyways, so I walked towards the group.

• I killed the fist guy, heard clementine gasp and read "clementine witnessed you murder" screamed "FUCK!" and then replayed the episode from the meat locker room. Sided with Lilly that time. Wrong decision btw. I kinda AFK'd during the second brother fight, so I didn't even get a hit on him. Made him, with a perfectly normal face, screaming "Lee! Don't you walk away from me! Lee, fight me like a real man! LEEEE!" much more epic as I walked away. Didn't steal food either, might have to redo that last part though.

• I cant get a punch in the andy fight seriously when your on top of him i try hitting A nothing i try do the left right like you do to bash the bearded walker teachers head in and still nothing

• The first guy, I killed him just because he had been freaking me out from the start anyway. Though when I did it and found Clem was there and saw that all I could think was she doesn't need to be seeing that kind of stuff and felt horrible.

So ended up sparring the second guy....plus having your whole group there watching kinda made me paranoid on what they would think regardless.

• I made those decisions pretending Clem was my 11 year old brother....yeah I wouldn't want him to have nightmares watching me kill two crazy whack jobs...but I also wouldn't want him to possibly be taken by them and eaten!

It said only 17% of people killed both bros....whole lotta softies that are gonna die by cannibal dairy farmers is the only thing I could think of to explain that mind blowing stat.

Oh...and who the f- leaves food just sitting in a car? Idiots. I would def not take it at gun point from someone but sitting there? You people are going to die with your chivalry taking a chomp on your ass. "I aim to live." Mal Reynolds.

• @JessiC said:

Oh...and who the f- leaves food just sitting in a car? Idiots. I would def not take it at gun point from someone but sitting there? You people are going to die with your chivalry taking a chomp on your ass. "I aim to live." Mal Reynolds.

i know right its the "international law of go fuck yourself" to steal something thats been abandoned for even a sec :P that and to steal from someone who tried to kill you :P

• I killed then both, i knew something was up pretty much as soon as we had the fence fixed

Add Comment