User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.8K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

153 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ok so you told brenda you where danny and she see's a black guy walk in the door ???!!!

SERIOUSLY??? course she'd bloomin shoot you..

it worked second time cos you chose the RIGHT OPTION..

and then you do what i did and what other have said it ain't a glitch is just player error period. and that is my view not gonna change.

in short the whole section is a puzzle

• @Milosuperspesh said: ok so you told brenda you where danny and she see's a black guy walk in the door ???!!!

and then you do what i did and what other have said it ain't a glitch is just player error period. and that is my view not gonna change.

So when she shot me shouldn't it start again before that part? Instead of "saving" and restarting a dozen times where my only option is to open the door in a neverending loop? This is a dead end then. The only option is to use REWIND. That is what you are telling me?

• i only have played ep2 once and i got past it within a few tries to work out how to avoid being shot.. i picked i ain't danny/ he ain't coming

• guys it's a glitch, I signed in just to post this. you may not be experiencing the same problems and the other posters but i am. When u walk in the door and begin to walk towards her the game automatically makes us continue the step. I have done this for 2 nights now restarting after each fail for a combined 2 hours. it's a glitch.

I've managed to to instigate the 2nd portion where the zombie is just above her once. since than i've not been able to get to that point.

it's a glitch to some users NOT ALL. the game makes us continute walking forward even though we stop, and hold back the stick to "go backward" in a sense but it does not allow us. the game automatically makes us take that extra step.

not all people get the same glitches. just because you didn't have the problem doesn't mean you need to be all over other people who have.

• and also i went through and played the scenario using all available replies numerous times, "got what he deserved", " yeah it is", etc...it's the same no matter the response for myself. and probably others

this really sucks because my game played smooth with no other problems and I literally was gonna beat it in one sitting but ran into this. hopefully they patch it for those who are having problems.

• @Milosuperspesh said: ok so you told brenda you where danny and she see's a black guy walk in the door ???!!!

Actually I told Brenda I was Danny, and I managed to do it in the end. I did get shot quite a lot before I knew what to do, but then I stopped when she raised her gun and talked to her.

• It's a glitch ! It's easy to blame the player when you don't have the same problem , but trust me it is a glitch the dialog choices just don't load for whatever reason , it's not how you answer Brenda on the front lawn. If you lie to Brenda you can still progress in the game. It's not how you hold the joystick or whatever ! That is not how this game is played...It's an 'effen glitch! I had to reinstall the game to fix it . So that is what worked for me . Hope it works for anyone else who had this very frustrating problem.

• @stunt double said: and also i went through and played the scenario using all available replies numerous times, "got what he deserved", " yeah it is", etc...it's the same no matter the response for myself. and probably others

this really sucks because my game played smooth with no other problems and I literally was gonna beat it in one sitting but ran into this. hopefully they patch it for those who are having problems.

I downloaded it again and reinstalled now that problem now it's fixed. I hope that works for you.

that has no barring on game play...
    You can replay that chapter yourself or go on YouTube and watch the I.G.N. walkthrough . Lee can lie to Brenda and still clear that part of the game no choices you make actually effect game play they effect the cut scenes . It's an actual glitch in the game. I had to reinstall it to get it to work .

• Yep. This is a glitch. I left Danny alive, then tried to trick Brenda into thinking I was Danny. I open the door, walk up, and stop immediately as she points the gun at me.

I try moving my cursor over her head, no option to talk to her at all, I die.

Try again, move it to her stomach, I die.

Tried this about 10 more times, I die every single try. And no, I'm not some big dum gorilla who doesn't know how to stop - I stop the split second she tells me to, and I always die.

So I rewind a bit, try again, and when I'm sneaking up to the house I choose the option to tell her that I've left Danny in the barn. The next time she points the gun at me, the option to speak appears, and I succeed.

So it's definitly a bug. So please, everyone who's called us "stupid" or "idiots", at least consider that maybe our game really is bugged before you start slinging insults around.

Btw, I played this on PC. Everyone I see who calls us idiots are playing the xbox version. Seems to me like the PC version is bugged, but not the xbox.

Add Comment