User Avatar Image

TWD: Problem with saved files?

posted by Banditbenn on - last edited - Viewed by 994 users

Is anyone else having this problem, I had three saved files when I began chapter two, I first started on my No.1 chapter where I had saved Carly, but when i actually ran the game it had Doug as my person I had saved, confused but too eager to play the game i went along with it, and completed chapter two with what the game programmed me with, But now going back and trying to play my other saved files it simply refuses to work, if I click play on chapter two it brings me right to the end, but if I try to play my other save files It does not load and just gives me a black screen?, anyone else had this problem?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is the screen I get when i try to load other saves, I can still move mouse but nothing happens

• I got this same 'progress skip' error. I finished Episode 2 in save-slot #1, then today I loaded save-slot #2 which I know for absolute certain was only at the end of Episode 1. When it loaded, it came up with the ending scene of Episode *2*.

It got worse. I went into save-slot #2, and tried to rewind back to a point in Episode 1. The game wouldn't load, I got the same screen that Banditbenn posted, the program stopped doing anything (CPU and memory usage went to near-idle levels and just hanged there). I had to shut down the program, and when I went back in, ALL my saves are in Episode 1! So my main save has been reverted as well.

I wonder if this has anything to do with me trying to copy save-slot #1 to save-slot #3 yesterday, while it was still on episode 1. But, I think everything was still fine at that point, since I was able to play through the end-scene of episode 1 and the entirety of episode 2 with no problems on save-slot #1.

• I am having this problem.
    In save slot 1 I saved Doug and completed Episode 2.
    So I decided to load up Save Slot 3 where I saved Carley and see how the episode would play out...
    It just loaded the end scene of episode 2 with Doug in the background...
    So I deleted Save Slot 1 and tried again with Save Slot 3... Same thing happened with Doug.
    I went back to the main menu and Save Slot 3 was missing with Save Slot 1 still there...

This is unacceptable.

• In the PS3 version, I am having a problem with the Larry and Kenny dispute. During the argument, I sided with Kenny using the option "STOP! (Help Kenny)" where Lee yells at Larry not to touch Duck. Yet when I finished the episode, it states that I sided with Larry rather than Kenny. There must be some bugs across all platforms with the choice options carrying over. If anyone has any advice, that would help.

• TTG Fix your damn game.
    You make us wait an extra month for this episode and now we can't play other Save games to make other choices?

Awful developer.
    Poor communication and poor quality release.

• Why does there seem to be no recognition from Telltale that there are game breaking bugs? at least acknowledge that you are working on fixes for issues like these because currently it seems you're just sat there happily taking people's money and ignoring the many problems.

• My old ones were missing, still there in the user file but the game does not recognize them. Gave up fixing and started over, finished the first and 2nd game. Didn't like how something went so I'll go back to the 1st episodes and change something and play it again. Game got buggy on the rewind and when I restarted the game the saves were again gone. When this happens you also lose all your preferences on video ect. So you really need to fix this, its dead in the water till you do.

if its important I purchased and play the game via Steam

• and I STILL cannot play Episode 2 on any other save slot.
    Fix it.
    Fit it.
    Fix it.

• @NeoDragonKnight said: In the PS3 version, I am having a problem with the Larry and Kenny dispute. During the argument, I sided with Kenny using the option "STOP! (Help Kenny)" where Lee yells at Larry not to touch Duck. Yet when I finished the episode, it states that I sided with Larry rather than Kenny. There must be some bugs across all platforms with the choice options carrying over. If anyone has any advice, that would help.

I sided with Kenny in episode 1, but got tons of hostility from him from the very beginning of ep 2. I probably would have had a split with his crazy butt anyway but I think it is exasperated by him saying I tried to kill his daffy Duck son.

Have you gotten any response.

Add Comment