User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 15.5K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • tried everything everyone said I still go to rub it, steam says its on for 10sec, nothing

• @BorisE77 said: 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, the Windows 7 internal Firewall (if i turn it off this game still doesn't run)

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Yes, Avira Free Antivirus; Yes, is up to date, No

No

Same here

• uninstalled + installed again, no luck. I could run it once in 98 mode and had to download ep 2 again. Then i left the game and tryed to play again, no luck.

Game freezes after connecting

• @Mike said: Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
    Mike

1. Temporarily disabled. No change (did not work while disabled).
    2. Norton 360 temporarily disabled. No change.
    3. No

Occasionally, I can get direct game launch of WalkingDead101.exe to work by right-clicking executable and running as Administrator; other times, I encounter fatal Steam error "Failed to load platform modules". When game does launch, it has lost all state information (I must re-enter display resolution and full screen settings every time a successful launch occurs).

Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS, 6-core W3680 Xeon CPU @ 3.33 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Sapphire HD6970 GPU, SSD disk drives.

Update: resolved problem by changing WalkingDead101.exe properties, selecting "Run this program as an administrator" under Compatibility tab - with no other Compatibility modes selected. Then, launched game through normal Steam launch process.

• if i delete the SyncFs file it works and i can play.

But if i shutdown the game ande want to restart it freezes again

• @jimmypop said: if i delete the SyncFs file it works and i can play.

But if i shutdown the game ande want to restart it freezes again

Same here ....

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

yes

yes

i dont test it and i can run the game in window mode. Its crash when ein try change to full screen.
    At the beginn and only for one time it said something about direct 3d is not installed.
    Every other games runs fine.

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    No.

No.

No.

I'm running it on a MAcBook Pro Mid 2009, OSX Lion 10.7.4, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

-yes, and yes.

-yes. McAfee, updated and not blocking

-no. It showed the error one time and now not even that...

• I have done everything the forums told me to fix the problem. even spoke with steam support, and they directed me to the 3rd party support.

yes, and yes

yes, spybot, yes, and no

no it does not

This discussion has been closed.