User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @AppleWorm said: my issues have been that the game is VERRRRYYYY slow to start downloading then it trickles along for about an hour or so sometimes less then at 27% or 3% or 85% it will say internet connection lost it has been this way since friday no change just loses the connection at different percentages
    also on the STEAM version of TWD episode 1 works but when I try to start ep 2 I get a black screen and nothing else I attempted on both sites TT and STEAM to uninstall reinstall deleted saved games then played through ep 1 hoping it would trigger a response to somehow get ep 2 to work but nothing has helped me I really love this game and I really want to play ep 2
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!:(

Amen brother.... Same exact problem is faced from my side as well

• Hi Mike, thanks for the response. My download is swift until about 50% then its gets slower, for example, as I was bored during one of the many downloads I started timing each percentage move and 1-49% was between 7-10 seconds per percentage point moved but 51-68% where is stops, general takes upward of 30 seconds per percentage point movement.

• @D1SC0NT1NU3D said: I am attempting to download episode 2 on an iMac.
    It is taking about twenty minutes and it gets to about 84% to 87% then I get the connection error. And like others, I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with my internet connection...I just downloaded Left 4 Dead 2 on steam with no problems. I bought the season pass from your website though or else I would have just tried steam. Also I am not taking focus away from the game at any point during the download attempt.

Exactly.

I'm sick of this game. I don't even want to play it anymore due to the horrible experience just acquiring it. Delays with no info, then released and i can't download because of some ridiculous in-house download system?

I want a full refund.

• As a MAC user, I am very frustrated. TTG has screwed up big time and if nothing happens within the next week, I must remind you that you can file a complaint even if you're not from the USA:

1) http://goldengate.bbb.org/consumers/

2) http://www.econsumer.gov/

• Can you please just change the downloader so it resumes? Then we'd just have to restart it a few times and thats it, until you get a proper fix. Or send all the mac users an alternative download link by email?

Hurry up! I wanna play the game I payed for!

• I really do not want to start into pointless anger fits. I do want telltale to fix their distribution scheme as it does not work.

I can download the newest patch of the game super easy in about 25 minutes, but cannot download the 2nd episode in game past 30% (once), generally it quits by 9%. This wastes a lot of bandwidth, which I actually have to pay for. Especially given that it does not resume.

Moreover: Why can't this game download its content in the background? If I change away from the window, it often crashes.

Finally: Really, can you just create a patch file that I can download separately? straight http download of the game/episode is quick and painless, but episode 2 fails. you anyhow ask for my password, why can't you just release an installer with both episodes and let me use the login. It would be way way less frustrating, and actually take less of my time/bandwidth/money.

I've been trying to download every hour or so for three days without it working. I am shocked that there has been no official blog or response to this. I would feel way better if someone at least acknowledged and gave a timeline for a fix.

• For me it's always at 81% and takes about 20 min

• Downloaded the update today and I'm now at the 4th try of installing... Still no luck. Mine stops downloading around 48% every time now.
    This better get fixed soon, because we've been waiting long enough. Or I want a free Xbox360 version :)

Btw, I've got the same problem that when I go to windowed mode and let it download, the whole things crashes after some time. So I'm stuck with staring at the episodes screen and hoping everything goes right.

• @JordyLicht said: Downloaded the update today and I'm now at the 4th try of installing... Still no luck. Mine stops downloading around 48% every time now.
    This better get fixed soon, because we've been waiting long enough. Or I want a free Xbox360 version :)

Btw, I've got the same problem that when I go to windowed mode and let it download, the whole things crashes after some time. So I'm stuck with staring at the episodes screen and hoping everything goes right.

Sob... Mine stops at 60%.. someone fix this SERIOUS problem, please...

• It's really annoying, but I won't give up on Telltale, because all the other games, Back To The Future, Jurassic Park, Sam & Max and Strong Bad all install and play perfectly on my Mac.
    But then again, these were all direct downloads from the "My Games" site.

Add Comment