User Avatar Image

TWD: Save Data Corrupted (PS3)

posted by pshomii on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Something weird happen to my The Walking Dead game save data. I was all set and ready to play my third play-through for Episode 2. I started up the game and it said "Save Data Corrupted"... All my data was erased!!! Anybody else have this problem? Now I have to start over.

It's also worth mentioning that once I turned on the PS3, I went and synched my trophies then I started up the game.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Happened to me starting 3rd playthrough as well.

• Data usually gets corrupted when it was shutdown during a save.

• it happen to me to my third walkthrough

• Exact same thing happened to me. Is there no way to recover our saved games?

• @dlpoi said: Exact same thing happened to me. Is there no way to recover our saved games?

nope, your games are gone

• happened to me as well while starting my 3rd playthrough

so pissed off about this glitch. the customer support from telltale is so bad that after this series; i'll never buy another game from them again.

• @marcu5 said: happened to me as well while starting my 3rd playthrough

so pissed off about this glitch. the customer support from telltale is so bad that after this series; i'll never buy another game from them again.

Dude the same shit just happened to me. Made an account to post about this bullshit. I bit my lip and just read the forums when the game was taking so long to be released. I was mad about the monthly promise, but knew there was nothing I could do so I just waited. I waited and the 360 version came out, I waited and the steam version came out, I waited and the PS3 version came out, I downloaded it and then had to wait again for a patch.

So all of the waiting and I finally get to play. I go through it and loved it and went through a 2nd time with my other save game choosing all different things. So I finish the game, go back to the main screen and turn my PS3 off like normal. A few days later, aka 10 minutes ago this morning, I decide to wake and bake and go for my 3rd playthrough where I play as "..." Lee where I don't say shit usually, AND MY SAVE DATA IS CORRUPT?! Surely this can't mean my PS3 is faulted, it works just fine. Google the error and I see that it has happened to the bunch of you as well. I feel this is complete and utter bullshit on telltales part and not acceptable, since it is a problem with their game and NOT our PS3s.

We have all pretty much had 15 or so hours of gameplay just completely erased, and I am not willing to go through the game 3 different times AGAIN to play each one their own unique way. I don't even know what to do right now, I probably won't even think about playing this or getting the next episode ever again. Telltale has really f'd up this time, and they are undoubtedly losing a paying customer.

PS. to compensate for my feelings, I just generated random choices and played the first part again. To express how I feel about TTG, the guy that was stuck in the trap, I cut his leg half off and still left him stuck in the trap for the zombies. Not only was he already done for, now he had a bigger open wound.

• im still mad haven't even touch/look at my ps3 because of this.

• Is this gonna get fixed or what? It's pointless to play if my games are gonna auto delete.

• same thing here!! its happened twice already!! how can we prevent the files from getting corrupted??? i dont want to have to keep replaying all the episodes

Add Comment