1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jonttu1 said: And WTF, marks a dick? Okay he's a bit naive and a little overly enthusiastic, but that doesn't make him a dick. He was a good fella who just tried to have your back.

    you dont share private convos with a third party

    still i only say good things about larry so it doesnt matter but mark doesnt have my back maybe i should have given him some jerky to shut his mouth

  • Kenny's never been concerned about the safety of the group, as I've said before, the guy's a cowardly parasite. Always has been. We see this at Hershel's farm first, where he abandons Lee and Shawn even after his kid is out of immediate danger (which results in Hershel kicking everybody out of that particular safe haven). And only afterward does he do the hand-wringing with "we could've saved that boy".

    He willingly endangered the entire group in the drug store when it was thought that Duck was bitten, and note that during the exchange he doesn't even really dispute that Duck was bitten.

    Additionally, what does he actually do to pull his weight in Episode 2? Every other adult does something to make themselves useful while in camp. Larry and Mark are building the fence, Katjaa serves as the camp's medic, Lilly and Carley perform sentry duties, Lee's there to save Katjaa's life from the reanimated corpse with Mark, Larry, or Carley saving Lee's in turn... yet the guy whose wife was at risk was nowhere to be seen.

    Kenny's whole motivation is to leave the group if gets the RV working while making use of the food, shelter, and security that group provides in the meantime.

    @TMLC said: Or, as another example, I wouldn't have thought twice before taking the supplies from that car (but would had offered shelter if the owners had appeared; something that I’m sure Lilly, and possibly Kenny, would have opposed).

    Actually, I imagine Lily would've been onboard with offering the owner(s) of the car shelter. She was the first one to say that stealing the stuff wasn't right, and the fact he had food was enough for the group to take in Mark.

    It's also why I'm inclined to side with Lilly over Kenny, simply as a matter of long-term survival. The person who has qualms about screwing over strangers is more likely to have qualms about screwing you over even if it's of benefit to them. And the inverse is also true.

  • @Rommel49 said: Kenny's never been concerned about the safety of the group... Additionally, what does he actually do to pull his weight in Episode 2...

    To be fair, Kenny was the only member of the group to actively help Lee really explore the 'dairy' farm in the beginning of the episode. I think their teamwork was useful to confirm the possible danger of the farm. (Though, I'm sure Lee would have come to his own conclusion about the farm during dinner, and I'm guessing Kenny was mostly thinking about the safety of his family. But still. :P )

    /is no longer completely aligned with Kenny anyway, due to other mentioned points

  • as for Kenny, well a man will up and go mad the moment he thinks his life is over. I don't condone what he did, but then again my family wasn't in the clutches of evil cannibals:mad:

  • @-Anna- said: To be fair, Kenny was the only member of the group to actively help Lee really explore the 'dairy' farm in the beginning of the episode. *SNIP*

    i was left wondering why on earth kenny couldnt do it himself tbh, i //know// this is a puzzle game etc... BUT (through some retarded bug that neglected my choices) kenny was against me from the offset of ep 2, fuming that i chose larry over duck (i didnt) and decided not to take me away (so his family didnt get food) why then, he hates me and i hate him, does he come to me for help? just seemed odd is all. why he couldnt of done it himself?

  • @toothiersnow said: i was left wondering why on earth kenny couldnt do it himself tbh, i //know// this is a puzzle game etc... BUT (through some retarded bug that neglected my choices) kenny was against me from the offset of ep 2, fuming that i chose larry over duck (i didnt) and decided not to take me away (so his family didnt get food) why then, he hates me and i hate him, does he come to me for help? just seemed odd is all. why he couldnt of done it himself?

    Kenny needed Lee and Lee needed Kenny. Someone was needed to unscrew the lock, while a different person was needed to keep watch on the farm brother. (Otherwise Katja was busy with the cow, using children seems unreliable, Larry wanted dinner, and I think Lily wanted to leave the farm than snoop around.)

    Oh! I had a similar bug. If you're on PC, try copying your save files, uninstalling your game, reinstalling your game, and pasting the save files back. (This solution worked for me.)

  • sadly im on xbox, so i think come episode 3 ill just start again and hope the bug isnt there anymore, it would be nice to think my choices are actually doing something lol

  • @Rommel49 said: Actually, I imagine Lily would've been onboard with offering the owner(s) of the car shelter. She was the first one to say that stealing the stuff wasn't right, and the fact he had food was enough for the group to take in Mark.

    Hum... I don’t know. Lilly seems reluctant about Mark and wasn’t the first one to accept Ben either. But her position at the looting the car matter could indicate some kind of change. Who knows?

  • I sided with Kenny in the freezer/meat locker/whatever.

    Larry was as good as dead anyway. There was no way his heart was going to hold up through everything and the fact is, they couldn't take the chance. Being locked in a room with a walker probably isn't the best way to survive.

    Someone said you could gag him while trying to revive him. So, while trying to get oxygen into someones body who is suffering from a heart attack you're going to close off his main source of breathing? You might as well hold a pillow over his head.

    Kenny made the right choice in the situation when the main thing you and the group is trying to do is survive.

  • @TMLC said: Hum... I don’t know. Lilly seems reluctant about Mark and wasn’t the first one to accept Ben either. But her position at the looting the car matter could indicate some kind of change. Who knows?

    She actually says it herself, Mark was allowed to stay because he happened to bring enough food for everybody when he arrived. Whereas Ben and company were extra mouths to feed and, in Lilly's own words: "I don't suppose you guys are carrying any groceries, are you?".

    She may not have been super-nice to Mark, but she evidently wasn't opposed to him being there since he wasn't just another mouth to feed that showed up empty-handed. Ben didn't have that going in his favor. The owner of the car would resemble Mark's situation (had enough food and supplies for the group) than Ben's (showed up with nothing but the clothes on his back).

Add Comment