User Avatar Image

[WD] Changed choices.

posted by franapbsilva on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users

Hey TTG!!!
I started playing the Episode 2 today, and my choices were changed!!!!! Wath the Hell??? I saved Doug in the hand, but in the second episode Carley it's still alive!!! :mad:

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sigh.

Re-installed game. Deleted Save files. Played all the freaking way through again, made same choices. Still, Carley instead of Doug.

I give up. I even randomized choices in a FOURTH unreleated game. Still, Carley. You win Telltale, you win.

• @warxsnake said: -Possible Fix-

The game stores a "prefs.prop" in two places. One in:

C:\Users\___\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

And the other in:

D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default

Or if you don't have the Steam version, its somewhere in your game DIR.
    Do backups before overwriting anything.

Copy the prefs.prop file from your game's DIR folders, and overwrite it in your Documents\TTG\TWD folder

Go in game and load the save game with your finished EP1. Switch to EP2 in the chapter select and run it.

This worked for me when any other solution did not. My decisions carried over.

This man is a genius!

And the other in:

Copy the prefs.prop file from your game's DIR folders, and overwrite it in your Documents\TTG\TWD folder

Go in game and load the save game with your finished EP1. Switch to EP2 in the chapter select and run it.

So you copied the prefs.prop from your game DIR to the documents DIR, right?

Didn't work for me. And I just realized my larry/kenny decision is somehow messed up, too. I sided with Kenny, they even say so in the preview for episode 2, yet it says I sided with Larry in the stats.

• like some pointed out (and i had to realize) my "workaround" seems to be none ^^

the way i did it just created me new random decisions for Ep2 which luckily represented my actual choices made in Ep1

warxsnake "fix" seems to work pretty fine, though! some of my friends (and ppl in this thread here obviously) said that it actually worked! so thank you, good sir :)

And the other in:

Champion!, worked for me. Thanks mate.

And the other in:

Thank you! Seems to be working. :D

• Worked for me too

Just another question (I'm new to this forum):
    Is there any chance a Dev or CM will post here?

I mean, this is a little(?) bug that almost destroyed the game for a lot of people, but there's no official help or even response.

I have to say, I'm pretty pissed of by TellTale

• @Fenchurch said: Worked for me too

Just another question (I'm new to this forum):
    Is there any chance a Dev or CM will post here?

I mean, this is a little(?) bug that almost destroyed the game for a lot of people, but there's no official help or even response.

I have to say, I'm pretty pissed of by TellTale

Mike has been posting in this thread trying to get info/help. Not sure what he does, but is on the Telltale team. So I'm sure they're aware of it, and working on it.

• After updating the props file I was able to start episode 2. But when I tried to resume my progress, all the saves were for episode 1.

Going to do a reinstall and start from scratch to see if that helps at all....

And the other in:

I- I love you. :)

Add Comment