User Avatar Image

***** was still alive!!!!!!! /SPOILERS

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

So I was doing a second playthrough of Ep 2 last night and I noticed closely that Larry was still alive, he was talking in his breath before Kenny smashed his head and brains in.

Sorry if I'm late on this just noticed this!

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GlockPants said: I guess since TTG confirmed that Larry was alive (I didn't see the confirmation, but I guess others did) he wasn't quite dead yet. Kenny jumped the gun, it would've been the right call if you knew you couldn't revive him, but even if you have a heart attack you don't just die. If that were the case, no one would ever need to get the paddles because you just declare him dead on the spot.

I don't think I'm going hold it over Kenny, but he does need to relax. The tension he is causing is bad for the group.

I don't think they confirmed that he was alive. Just that there was movement before Kenny kills him.

Like someone else said, the movement could have been Larry coming back as a walker.

• @jaybreezy said: I don't think they confirmed that he was alive. Just that there was movement before Kenny kills him.

Like someone else said, the movement could have been Larry coming back as a walker.

Well, ok. But when the person in the truck bed changes, the physical change is very obvious. Larry looked like he wasn't a zombie. I don't think there is any evidence that could change my mind that Larry wasn't a zombie at the time of his skull crushing. I welcome anyone's input, but I just don't see how he was a zombie.

• @jaybreezy said: Huge difference between Larry and the teacher/student.

Teacher - leg chopped off, Student - Shot

Both of those guys bled out, which I'm assuming was the cause of the greyish color.

Larry wasn't "dead" long enough for his skin to change colors.

Also. To me it doesn't really matter if he was dead or not. You can't take the chance and be locked in a freezer with Zombified Larry.

what are you basing this on? the cop in episode 1 didn't bleed out and he turned pale.

• @GlockPants said: Well, ok. But when the person in the truck bed changes, the physical change is very obvious. Larry looked like he wasn't a zombie. I don't think there is any evidence that could change my mind that Larry wasn't a zombie at the time of his skull crushing. I welcome anyone's input, but I just don't see how he was a zombie.

I gave my opinion on this above.

The walker in the truck bed died from bleeding out, which in my opinion is the reason for the change in skin color.

I think it would take Larry longer to show this affect because he died of a more natural cause that didn't involve his body losing a HUGE amount of blood like losing a leg or getting shot.

• @marcu5 said: what are you basing this on? the cop in episode 1 didn't bleed out and he turned pale.

But how long was he laying there? He also didn't die of natural causes. Larry was more immediate.

• @jaybreezy said: But how long was he laying there? He also didn't die of natural causes. Larry was more immediate.

Just because you are clinically dead doesn't mean you can't be revived though. Larry couldn't have been clincally dead for more than a minute, well within a timeframe of recovery.

• @GlockPants said: Just because you are clinically dead doesn't mean you can't be revived though. Larry couldn't have been clincally dead for more than a minute, well within a timeframe of recovery.

True.. But he could have also been dead long enough to turn. I think it's up to "you" as an individual to decide how you want to see it.

I see it as.. He was dead and was coming back as a walker.

You see it as.. He was alive and trying to gasp for air.

And maybe neither of us is wrong because TT left it up in the air for the audience to come to their own conclusions.

• @jaybreezy said: True.. But he could have also been dead long enough to turn. I think it's up to "you" as an individual to decide how you want to see it.

I see it as.. He was dead and was coming back as a walker.

You see it as.. He was alive and trying to gasp for air.

And maybe neither of us is wrong because TT left it up in the air for the audience to come to their own conclusions.

Fair enough.

But now I'm curious how long it takes to turn. In the TV show I know they showed what was going on as far as brain activity goes when the group was at the CDC. For that it seemed like you turned after brain death. I don't know what it is like in the comic though.

• From The Walking Dead wiki page

According to CDC's Edwin Jenner in the TV series, a corpse can reanimate between three minutes and eight hours after death. It was also once hinted by executive producer Glen Mazzara that the time it takes for a corpse to reanimate depends on how full of life the person was before they died.

Larry was pretty full of life before he had his heart attack lol.

• @jaybreezy said: I don't think they confirmed that he was alive. Just that there was movement before Kenny kills him.

This. I have taken four CPR and first Aid classes (and am about to take my fifth), and there are two things we need to know when trying to save someone in distress (it may be more complicated if you are an actual paramedic, but this is what I have been taught):

1. Taking a momentary gasp does not necessarily mean that resuscitation was successful. The CPR process ends when the patient has a normal breathing pattern reestablished. So in Larry's situation, we would have stopped CPR, monitored him for a very short period, and resumed if he needed it.

2. In heart attack situations, the first 24 hours after the heart attack are crucial in keeping the patient alive. They are at the highest risk for a second heart attack (and that one can be fatal), and they need to rest and be monitored by a medical professional. Well, the only professional we have is being held captive by the crazy people we need to escape from. There's no guarantee that, even if you save his life now, that Larry won't just die in the day or so.

Add Comment