User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 11.8K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Im really looking forward to Fables. Thats one of my favorite comic series.

If only the The Dark Tower series was a game.

• @Gratefully Dead said: Buffy The Vampire Slayer. We'll never get a movie sooo... I can hope.

Ugh, and the X-Box games are so bad. So bad.

• At first I thought your games would be simple and boring. How stupid i was!
    How long have I not played an adventure game as exciting and well done as Back to Future and The Walking Dead.

I bought both on Steam without thinking twice, and let me tell you that was the best game purchase i made in years.

Now i know you (Telltale) are a very talented company for adventure games, so let me give you some ideas for your future games.

As i'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings, Supernatural and Game of Thrones, and as those series/movie are awesome and highly rated, i think its a good idea to pick one of those for a future project. I'm sure will be a success!

And what do you guys think would be a good idea (serie/movie/anything) for a future Telltale game?

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

It's interesting that you've mentioned Back to the Future, but I guess it all comes down to personal preference, despite the some glaring flaws.

Anyway, I'd rather Telltale do stuff like Sam & Max Season 4 and the second season of Monkey Island. But if I had to choose between these three, I think I'd go with Supernatural, as I don't really see the other two in a point & click medium.

• Sam e Max and Monkey Island i havent played yet, but if youre saying, its probably good too.

Supernatural is my favorite tv series, so i would really love to see it as an episodic adventure game like Walking Dead game.

IMO, Lord of the Rings would be awesome as an 6 episodes game (2 episodes for each movie).

• Supernatural - partly because it kinda needs one, but mostly because, of the three, it's the only one that doesn't already have games based on it.

• @Darth Marsden said: Supernatural - partly because it kinda needs one, but mostly because, of the three, it's the only one that doesn't already have games based on it.

Except for the fact that the 2 games based on Game of thrones are very weak. :(

GOT deserves something much better.

• Two weak games still outrank none.

• The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones are too epic in scope to have licensed games developed by TellTale.

• @Farlander said: The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones are too epic in scope to have licensed games developed by TellTale.

Why? The games don't have to have giant battles with armies of thousands. You can have more intimate, character-driven stories in those worlds.

That said, I also think a Supernatural adventure game would kick ass. But personally I'm hoping that once Fables and King's Quest are done, they'll give us a little bit more of the TT classics.

Add Comment