User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13.2K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I found a brenda glitch.

She sounds remarkably fake when she finds out about kaatja. like an high school drama student trying to read lines in rehearsal

• @Machinimatt said: This is the bug, right here ^, I have tested it. It makes no difference if you kill Danny or let him live, what matters is the four way dialog option as you approch the house, if you pretend to be Danny you will always get the glitch, (this option is kinda stupid anyway, how does a black guy sound like a southern white guy??)

If you use the option "where is Katja" the game tells you that Brenda has noticed you, then everything works fine

You guys are still :confused: talking about being shot while moving forward correct? I posted a solution that worked for me when I kept getting shot. Like I said, tap 'w' slowly.

I forgot to add earlier that I killed Danny and then tried to fake being him, but Brenda 'Noticed my lie' obviously.

Not a glitch...:mad:

• I am having this same "glitch". Nothing im doing wrong. Game glitch 110% no doubt at all.

Ive tried tapping w waiting up to 5 seconds between. Still same god damn thing.

I have died, probably 40 times trying this. ONE time I had the first action pop up to plea with Brenda, then I was shot shortly after on next dialogue.

The hell with this game. 2 month wait now ya cant even play the whole episode hahahahah

telltale -1 customer here.

bye!

• Ok, this is silly. There doesn't need to be users insulting other users about this. I had this SAME ISSUE my first playthrough, and got really frustrated with it,tried it a dozen or so times. So I get it, i really do.

That being said it is with out a doubt 100% operator error,and NOT a glitch.
    It does NOT matter what choices you make up to that point. None of that matters.

It's very very simple, when she says STOP and points the gun at you. Stop, don't jerk backwards ( which is what I did with out realizing it). Just stay still, it DOES take a few secondsfor the option to pop up, but it will show up.regardless of what you choose prior.

So please ,stop crying glitch when there is no glitch. You probably like me didn't realize you were nudging him back or something. Relax and enjoy the rest of the game :)

• I just have to say, I had NO issues with this part.

I did get shot first time because I called her bitch.LOL! I am really impressed with the way TT did this sequence. I reacted as I would in a real life situation and it worked out beautifully, nice job TTG, very intuitive. Sorry for those of you having issues, but I have encountered no glitches on this part of the game.

Absolutely fantastic game!!

• @Jdzspace said: Ok, this is silly. There doesn't need to be users insulting other users about this. I had this SAME ISSUE my first playthrough, and got really frustrated with it,tried it a dozen or so times. So I get it, i really do.

It does NOT matter what choices you make up to that point. None of that matters.

It's very very simple, when she says STOP and points the gun at you. Stop, don't jerk backwards ( which is what I did with out realizing it). Just stay still, it DOES take a few secondsfor the option to pop up, but it will show up.regardless of what you choose prior.

So please ,stop crying glitch when there is no glitch. You probably like me didn't realize you were nudging him back or something. Relax and enjoy the rest of the game :)

sir you are correct. And i owe u a beer.

NO MATTER WHAT. AS SOON AS BRENDA STARTS TO TALK. DO NOT PRESS NOTHING AT ALL. AND THE DIALOGUE WILL COME UP.

Thank you.

• can someone with this problem plz record it and show us exactly what is happening

• Yea, after getting shot over 40 times I finally got through it.

I am playing the PC version, and chose to pretend to be her son.

What happens is that the game is over sensitive, and if you walk one inch too much, your character will take an extra step and get you shot automatically.

The way I got through was moving milimetrically, barely touching the "w" key from time to time, eventually I managed to see the first dialog and talk to Brenda - after the first dialog finally appears, the others doesnt have much problem.

The game is definitely glitched and took me over an hour to get past that scene.

• @Jdzspace said: Ok, this is silly. There doesn't need to be users insulting other users about this. I had this SAME ISSUE my first playthrough, and got really frustrated with it,tried it a dozen or so times. So I get it, i really do.

It is a glitch. I finished Episode 2 so used REWIND and started from the barn. Kill/Spare Danny doesnt matter. It is when I pretend I am Danny walking up the stairs into the house that sets up an infinite loop. I use REWIND again and use the other 3 options and can make it through with no issues about getting shot. It is NOT user error. I can beat this part with ease when there is no glitch. My controller works fine. Fix this bug please!

• @ronedogg said: sir you are correct. And i owe u a beer.

NO MATTER WHAT. AS SOON AS BRENDA STARTS TO TALK. DO NOT PRESS NOTHING AT ALL. AND THE DIALOGUE WILL COME UP.

Thank you.

Wrong. In the scenario I was in I can press nothing at all and still get shot. I know how this scene works as I have been through it close to 30 times.

Add Comment