User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13.2K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can someone record this glitch happening? My first try I pretended to be danny and I died the first time when she shot me "I told you not to move" or whatever (because I didnt stop walking, didn't know she'd actually shoot me etc). The second time I did the same thing but when she said "Stop right there" I FUCKING STOPPED RIGHT THERE and called out to her. 3 time. No problems.

• @bghjkl said: Can someone record this glitch happening? My first try I pretended to be danny and I died the first time when she shot me "I told you not to move" or whatever (because I didnt stop walking, didn't know she'd actually shoot me etc). The second time I did the same thing but when she said "Stop right there" I FUCKING STOPPED RIGHT THERE and called out to her. 3 time. No problems.

The problem is that you can´t stop when the glitch occurs - she says "stop!" and shoot you right after, you don´t get the chance to do anything as your character takes an extra step automatically.

Why would anyone bother recording so you can believe them? Enough people had this glitch, and I myself had it too.

• @SteelcityCanada said: It is a glitch. I finished Episode 2 so used REWIND and started from the barn. Kill/Spare Danny doesnt matter. It is when I pretend I am Danny walking up the stairs into the house that sets up an infinite loop. I use REWIND again and use the other 3 options and can make it through with no issues about getting shot. It is NOT user error. I can beat this part with ease when there is no glitch. My controller works fine. Fix this bug please!

This is false, I have made it through with all choices. There is no infinite loop. There is a sensitivity issue. But that is it, that's why I said operater error

• @guldur said: The problem is that you can´t stop when the glitch occuers - she says "stop!" and shoot you right after, you don´t get the chance to do anything as your character takes an extra step automatically.

Why would anyone bother recording so you can believe them? Enough people had this glitch, and I myself had it too.

The reason he is asking for a recording is because many of us had this issue and made a simple adjustment to fix it.

It's just a stupid sensitivity issue not a glitch

• @Jdzspace said: The reason he is asking for a recording is because many of us had this issue and made a simple adjustment to fix it.

It's just a stupid sensitivity issue not a glitch

He asked for a recording because he did not believe us. He stated he got through with no problems. All I am stating is that many many people are having issues with that part, just do a google search. I did have it myself after being stuck for over an hour on it.

• @guldur said: He asked for a recording because he did not believe us. He stated he got through with no problems. All I am stating is that many many people are having issues with that part, just do a google search. I did have it myself after being stuck for over an hour on it.

I never said I didn't believe it. I said I'd like to see it happen because I tried to replicate it and couldn't. I think a lot of people would like to see the glitch in action. Stop being so angry and drawing conclusions.

• hi guys,just registered for answer.

kinda glitch because u step up 1by1 lee keep going forward and YOU PRESS DOWN TO STOP HİM.BUT WHATEVER KEY U PRESS HE KEEPS GOING.SO

its glitchy.But just use right key(D) for going forward while Brenda not poking at u.and u will see the dialog button.

btw previous answers dialogs , do not effect of this problem.

• @bghjkl said: I never said I didn't believe it. I said I'd like to see it happen because I tried to replicate it and couldn't. I think a lot of people would like to see the glitch in action. Stop being so angry and drawing conclusions.

My bad then, I apologize. There have been some many people treating those with glitches poorly that I got a bit defensive.

Anyways, since I managed to get through, I can't record it anymore. The issue is that you never get a chance to stop. even if you take small steps, Brenda tells you to stop and then shoots you immediately. No dialog, no nothing.

• If any of you are still experiencing this, are you playing with Standard or Minimal UI enabled? Are you playing with a gamepad, or using keyboard/mouse?

Our QA department is definitely looking into this issue, but we have not been able to reproduce it. If any of you have a video of it happening that you could post, it would be helpful.

• I found that if I pressed any button at all after she tells me to stop or don't move, she shoots me. If I "Tell that bitch to chill," she shoots me.

It was a little tricky and took me a couple of tries, but I got it. Think about it: If someone is pointing a gun and you and tells you to not come closer, yet you still do, what do you expect to happen?

Add Comment