User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 11.5K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For those of you saying that people who claim this is a glitch are morons and need to stop making idiotic decisions and that they are whiners....knock it off please. It's not nice.

Having said that, I'm sorry but it's indeed a small glitch in the game. For some reason the walking option gets a tad stuck when she's raising the gun, causing Lee to keep walking for a fraction of a second if you had been holding it down before that. It could be that it has a small delay too, haven't been able to tell. Hence why you get shot quite often.

The solution to this is to just tap the forward button/key in very short bouts. With some patience you can solve it this way.

It causes the walking animation to get a little dorky and it looks off and weird but it really is the best solution.

• I have typed a long commentary about this in a new thread. Please read it if you are having issues against Brenda on the Xbox360 platform.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=633026

• i explained my prev.post.Just use right direction key (D) for small walking.not W key.
    i passed this like this way.

• @Mike said: If any of you are still experiencing this, are you playing with Standard or Minimal UI enabled? Are you playing with a gamepad, or using keyboard/mouse?

Our QA department is definitely looking into this issue, but we have not been able to reproduce it. If any of you have a video of it happening that you could post, it would be helpful.

No ones going to have of it because it's not a glitch.

• @Mike said: If any of you are still experiencing this, are you playing with Standard or Minimal UI enabled? Are you playing with a gamepad, or using keyboard/mouse?

Our QA department is definitely looking into this issue, but we have not been able to reproduce it. If any of you have a video of it happening that you could post, it would be helpful.

I was playing standard with keyboard/mouse. I have already got past it so won´t be able to record, but my choice was killing the guy in the barn and pretending to be him. Also I was moving forward with "w" key.

• @Sunago said: For those of you saying that people who claim this is a glitch are morons and need to stop making idiotic decisions and that they are whiners....knock it off please. It's not nice.

Having said that, I'm sorry but it's indeed a small glitch in the game. For some reason the walking option gets a tad stuck when she's raising the gun, causing Lee to keep walking for a fraction of a second if you had been holding it down before that. It could be that it has a small delay too, haven't been able to tell. Hence why you get shot quite often.

The solution to this is to just tap the forward button/key in very short bouts. With some patience you can solve it this way.

It causes the walking animation to get a little dorky and it looks off and weird but it really is the best solution.

A few simple words "already tried that" and like I said just becuz u don't experience the dame problems doesn't mean it'd not there for others. So please save your comments because they don't help anyone

• I passed since first try and attempt to react as i would do in real life, i never threathned her and only walk closer until she warn me, so when se open the mounth i full stop and try to calm her again, and so walk close again(and she start to fall back a little) repeat and continue
    considering the fact that i warned her of my approach i cant see worst case scenario to her shot me and still i been suceded
    Maybe some of you just only going to fast?

• @guldur said: I was playing standard with keyboard/mouse. I have already got past it so won´t be able to record, but my choice was killing the guy in the barn and pretending to be him. Also I was moving forward with "w" key.

I did the same thing but on PS3. Killed Danny, pretended to be him. Stuck in a loop at the screen door. I will try and use a REWIND and see if I can recreate it on video. Also, I would just tap the stick fwd and release it right away and still get shot. On my rewind playthrough I dont need to tap it. There are no sensitivity issues. I hold the stick hard until she points the gun, release, repeat.

I'm still having this problem on the PC version of the game. I've tried using both my 360 controller AND the keyboard controls, and have had no luck with either. I'm going to try to get it on video soon - and I'll post it here when I do (if I can capture it right).

• @jangjangchang said: My cousin beat it and it was her 2nd time picking up a Xbox controller. She didn't even die once.

It's not the game it's you. If she shoots you right when she points the gun at you it means you didn't stop fast enough.

No it's not him. The game is badly glitched at this point. No interaction icon appears, no matter how fast or patient you are.Thousands of players are having the same problem, just google it. Oh and check things before you write replies.

Add Comment