User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D

244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Silverwolfpet said: Haha, I beat Haggis on that one ^^

oh?

• You guys didn’t beat shit.

• @WarpSpeed said: Sure, if you make corrections before the e-book, I'll be happy to read it again, and see if it flows better. :)

Cool. I'll let you guys know when the e-book is ready, of course (early next year).

@WarpSpeed said: Ever tried writing a horror story?

@WarpSpeed said: Fairly recently, if you count this one:

Yeah, I don't normally write horror, because I believe that to write well in a genre, you must read that genre a lot, and I'm too much of a scaredy-pants. I have been reading an awful lot of Poe lately though, but that's more bizarre than straight-up horror. I'm also going to read my volume containing Dracula, Frankenstein, and Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde some day... but I expect the audiobook version of Lovecraft's Cthulhu and other stories will be sitting there untouched for quite a while, next to my untouched copy of Amnesia. I fear I wouldn't be able to sleep.

But yeah, if you feel the narwhal story isn't quite scary enough, feel free to come up with another suggestion.

@WarpSpeed said: You guys didn’t beat shit.

No, they beat me. :p

But seriously, Wolfy wins that battle with his awesome Doctor Who fan film. Also, I apologize for not writing a new story yet, but I'm working on another story that I think will be interesting to many people here too. Once I'm done with that, I'll return to the stories here.

• Hey, no rush. Art takes time. That's the excuse I give as to why my reviews take forever to come out, anyway.

• I always blame it on the fact that I'm a programmer. Programmers procrastinate. It's one of the job requirements.

• @Darth Marsden said: Hey, no rush. Art takes time. That's the excuse I give as to why my reviews take forever to come out, anyway.

It's a good excuse. I use it whenever I can. Far too often, in fact.

@Darth Marsden said: I always blame it on the fact that I'm a programmer. Programmers procrastinate. It's one of the job requirements.

I think that might be something inherent to writers, actually. Whether you write stories or code, one tends to procrastinate. Probably because browser games are only a mouse click away in either situation. :p

That said, I finally wrote that story, yay! http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/08/06/the-banker/

I'll translate your story and put it online within the next few days, then I'll move on to the other prompts...

• Holy crap, that's some Twilight Zone vibe there! And not the mystical kind, even. In other words, well done!

Also didn't see the ending coming.

Anyway, I do have another idea for you, but I'm really hesitant to post it here, because it would most definitely push you in a certain direction. Not to mention the premise is pretty retarded.

• Awesome indeed. You are the champion of short stories. Each have everything a story should have: well-described characters and scenes, unpredictable but believable twists (that make for a captivating read), solid plots...

• I would like another story, please. It must include:

A reference to a Metal anthem (but not Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden, please)
    A stereotypical British chav (innit bruv)
    That feisty, beautiful yet mysterious young female detective of your creation

Add Comment