1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who the hell saved Larry? Once it came up as a possibility to kill him and Kenny was more than willing to do it, hell yeah I let him do it. First off Larry tried to kill me after I saved him, even though he tried to save me at the motor inn, it didn't matter because he missed with the axe so he still owed me plus interest. I think I went a little harsh in my game though, I declared myself as the leader, killed the woman in the woods, killed Danny, beat the shit out of his brother and then kicked him in the fence which fried him up, it was kind of a great scene, seeing how everyone looked on as I was becoming more vicious and seem to have frightened looks in their eyes. What to come of it, I'm not sure but it will be interesting. Kenny seems to have my back on the next episode..

• @PuhChewyChomp said: Nice wall.

Lol, it's a LOT of information to digest, but I like to make sure I cover my arguments logically.

• Kenny can fuck right off, he seemed like a swell guy in episode 1 and I had him marked as one of the characters I would side with when the shit hit the fan. In episode 2 though I started to see a different side to Lily who had taken on a difficult role of keeping things organised and although I initialy disagreed with her ways I understood that she was doing what she thought was best for the group in spite of the reputation it had given her, Kenny on the other hand was seemingly just trying to play the power game without actually sticking any graft in.

I was starting to like Larry too as he let his guard down a few times in the episode and started to seem human, however him dying has freed up Lily and made her another outcast like the rest of us, we'll all look out for each other. Kenny, his fat mingin' wife and bent son can rot for all I care though.

• @ Sisterofshane, I disagree with almost everything you said. I'm too lazy to respond to everything you said but I think this is very one sided way to look at it. So I will just respond to some of your statements.

So let's see... What is really Kenny doing as a leader? Besides wanting everything to be his way and always putting his family before others? Lilly rations the food and she gets the blame while Kenny... he fixes his RV so he can leave with his family. And no I don't think he will take just anyone with him.

What were Kenny's words while Lee was chopping the teachers leg? "Hurry, Lee, I'm WASTING ammo here." It's not "I'm running out of ammo" the emphasis is on "wasting". With him it's always about waste or gain.

When the walker attacked me, not only I saved his wife but he didn't even thank for it. Larry tried to save me, but Kenny didn't even react. And no, I don't think he didn't had the time or react or come.

I could forgive all that but the barn scene made me really despise him. Even if Larry was about to die, he just had no right to do it like that, especially not while we were giving him CPR. This was wrong on so many levels...
    I got the impression that he did it not because Larry was dangerous (he wasn't! Even if he turned THAT fast, he would just been a heavy zombie who would need time to get off the ground. Enough time to kill him.) but because he wanted to end it faster so we can focus on his family. He completely disregarded Lilly's feelings.
    And after that? Even if this is the only time Lee didn't agree with him (not everybody is so keen on killing fathers while their daughter are doing CPR, he just let's Lee die... no matter if Lee saved his kid, his wife and kept them fed. You tell me you would actually side with such a person? Seriously?

@ Downytax841 Who the hell didn't? You tell me you pulled Larry's daughter away from her father so that your cowardly "ally" Kenny can smash his head in front of her before Larry was even dead? You kept her away so that she can't do anything and you find it normal?
    Maybe in the next episode there should be a scene where you get to pull Kenny away so that Lilly can smash Duck's head with something?

It should've been Lilly the one to end her zombie father (if he indeed died and reanimated) not some asshole, just because he couldn't waste time with other people's problems.

• Brilliant post Yami. I have slowly realised what kind of A-level-type jackass we are dealing here with Kenny, I got hints of his behavior in episode 1, but episode 2 really showed what's he's about. He is so dead, I assure you.

• kenny is going to be the example they use of someone keeping an infected family member . cause you know that cliche is gonna play out

• @CapnJay said: kenny is going to be the example they use of someone keeping an infected family member . cause you know that cliche is gonna play out

yep. im guessing it will be the wife. even though i personally want it to be duck

• @YamiRaziel said: @ Sisterofshane, I disagree with almost everything you said. I'm too lazy to respond to everything you said but I think this is very one sided way to look at it. So I will just respond to some of your statements.

So let's see... What is really Kenny doing as a leader? Besides wanting everything to be his way and always putting his family before others? Lilly rations the food and she gets the blame while Kenny... he fixes his RV so he can leave with his family. And no I don't think he will take just anyone with him.

What were Kenny's words while Lee was chopping the teachers leg? "Hurry, Lee, I'm WASTING ammo here." It's not "I'm running out of ammo" the emphasis is on "wasting". With him it's always about waste or gain.

When the walker attacked me, not only I saved his wife but he didn't even thank for it. Larry tried to save me, but Kenny didn't even react. And no, I don't think he didn't had the time or react or come.

I could forgive all that but the barn scene made me really despise him. Even if Larry was about to die, he just had no right to do it like that, especially not while we were giving him CPR. This was wrong on so many levels...
    I got the impression that he did it not because Larry was dangerous (he wasn't! Even if he turned THAT fast, he would just been a heavy zombie who would need time to get off the ground. Enough time to kill him.) but because he wanted to end it faster so we can focus on his family. He completely disregarded Lilly's feelings.
    And after that? Even if this is the only time Lee didn't agree with him (not everybody is so keen on killing fathers while their daughter are doing CPR, he just let's Lee die... no matter if Lee saved his kid, his wife and kept them fed. You tell me you would actually side with such a person? Seriously?

@ Downytax841 Who the hell didn't? You tell me you pulled Larry's daughter away from her father so that your cowardly "ally" Kenny can smash his head in front of her before Larry was even dead? You kept her away so that she can't do anything and you find it normal?
    Maybe in the next episode there should be a scene where you get to pull Kenny away so that Lilly can smash Duck's head with something?

It should've been Lilly the one to end her zombie father (if he indeed died and reanimated) not some asshole, just because he couldn't waste time with other people's problems.

I really can't argue with someone who is intrinsically biased against Kenny and his behavior. (BTW aren't you the one in the thread about the Bag of Hammers that wants Kenny's family to die, as well? I would like to know what they did to you, other than being related to Kenny...)

As far as examples of Kenny's leadership, we can look to the Drug store for that. Lily steps down momentarily to take care of her Dad (as she should have, I'm not faulting her for this), and Kenny delegates jobs to the rest of the survives, and entertains the groups opinion (example, he listens to Glen's idea about finding more gas, and then agrees with him - he doesn't get butt hurt about Glen and Lee taking a beneficial initiative). He again asserts his authority when the Walker's overrun the drug store, telling three people to barricade the door, getting the children and Larry to safety in the office, and then getting his truck ready to get people evacuated. Also, he is the first one to suggest that they bunker down in the motor inn, to which Lily actually agrees. So he has good leadership skills when he is not in direct conflict with Lily and what she wants for the group.

Your perception of Kenny's character in episode 2 is just that - YOUR PERCEPTION. Picking apart one word of a sentence is not the primary indicator of someone's character. I could just as easily say that the word "wasted" is an indication of vocabulary usage of where he was raised. He never tries to save Katjaa because by the time the rest of the camp is alerted to danger, Katjaa is no longer in danger. He never thanks you because he is never given the chance - the St. John's show up to the scene almost immediately after Ben provides his information.

Besides, we don't really know for certain at what moment Larry was actually (or if he ever was) dead. You took the chance that he wasn't, but what if he was? How many more minutes do you have to wait to prove that he is? How much longer do you fiddle around with CPR, before he turns into a Walker, with both you and Lily within grabbing range? We don't know EXACTLY how the virus works, but we do know that Larry is clinically dead. Do you risk harm to yourself and others to satisfy some emotional need to save his life, when you are not sure exactly what it takes for the virus to take hold? Or do you feel that, in this certain case, that you cannot risk Larry turning just to appeal to morality?

Taking all of that into account, are you really going to judge Kenny's entire character based upon a brash decision made in an incredibly tense moment? Can you honestly guarantee that you would not make the same decision if you were placed in the exact same situation?

• So apparently if you treat Kenny as a best bud in episode 1, but won't help him kill Larry in episode 2, then he treats you like you are his worst enemy. I just hope Telltale includes some scenes in episode 3 when he is relieved from his hatred and goes on normal terms with Lee.

Add Comment