1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marcu5 said: im replaying episode 1 now, and i really believe this was a grudge killing. yeah, i believe kenny was legitimately scared but larry threatened to smash ducks head in when he thought he was bitten. is it just a coincidence that kenny smashed larry's head in the first chance he got?

When Larry wanted to kill Duck, he was out of line. If he had been bitten, he was not going to immediately turn - there was no immediate danger from letting his mother actually check for a bite. He is physically smaller and weaker than everyone in that room but Clementine, and there were enough adults there that they could have handled the situation easily. When it's clear that people aren't going to let him get his way, he resorts to taunting and frightening them. He was a total jack ass in that situation.

Larry has one foot in the grave, and Kenny came off as calm, rational, and repentant. He apologizes to Lily several times over, and gives good reasons for why we need to take immediate action. He never threatens or attempts to belittle anybody in that situation. [Sarcasm] But no, maybe he killed Larry for some three month long grudge.[/sarcasm]

EDIT: @Yami, I can agree to disagree.

• Sisterofshane, you seem to be one of the few rational people in here. A lot of what people are saying here is easier said than done.

• @Awesoke said: Sisterofshane, you seem to be one of the few rational people in here. A lot of what people are saying here is easier said than done.

Morality has it's place, and rationality has it's place. No one here is really wrong, but we're all approaching it from different angles.

I can guarantee you that most of these opinions would fly out of the window if these were real situations that we were exposed to. That's what I love about this game - how the human condition applies to a world turned upside down. If I had the money, I would totally invest in the comic.

• @PuhChewyChomp said: Kenny just had a bad day at the cannibal farm alright? Cut the guy a break he gave you a ride to your hometown and saved your life when some dick tried to kill you.

i've saved his life more than he's saved mine. i've also saved his families life more than he's saved them.

• You are becoming ridiculous. He apologized several times?! Who the fuck cares how many times he apologized... This is not something that you can just apologize for. And Kenny was anything but calm.

Now let's watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPR3qrMrqVs

Lee: Look Kenny... Back at the drug store when we all taught Duck was bitten, I gave him the benefit of the doubt... Maybe we should do the same now.
    Kenny: That was different, Duck wasn't bitten...

Really, how exactly did he know that back then. He never checked, a zombie fall on top of his son who was covered in mud and didn't utter a word. In my book Duck had a better chance of turning into a walker than Larry. Kenny is just a hypocrite.

Kenny: C'mon, we know this guys isn't going make it...

Really, do we know it? To me he tries to convince himself
    And now the most important part. Go to 1:54 second and carefully watch how Larry's mouth moves because of Lee's CPR. Now at 1:58-1:59 you can clearly see how his mouth moved differently indicating that he might still be alive.

And even if that turned out false, it was Lilly and Lee's decision, and their lives at stake. Kenny can burn in hell for not respecting their choices!

• @Sisterofshane said: When Larry wanted to kill Duck, he was out of line. If he had been bitten, he was not going to immediately turn - there was no immediate danger from letting his mother actually check for a bite. He is physically smaller and weaker than everyone in that room but Clementine, and there were enough adults there that they could have handled the situation easily. When it's clear that people aren't going to let him get his way, he resorts to taunting and frightening them. He was a total jack ass in that situation.

Larry has one foot in the grave, and Kenny came off as calm, rational, and repentant. He apologizes to Lily several times over, and gives good reasons for why we need to take immediate action. He never threatens or attempts to belittle anybody in that situation. [Sarcasm] But no, maybe he killed Larry for some three month long grudge.[/sarcasm]

EDIT: @Yami, I can agree to disagree.

he didn't come off as calm to me, or else he wouldn't have preemptively dropped a salt lick on a mans head. rational would be suggesting we tie his legs up. he also tells lee to "hurry the fuck up" when lee is trying to get them out of the meat locker. he then hides in the barn when you're attacked by danny. right, very repentant.

• @marcu5 said: i've saved his life more than he's saved mine. i've also saved his families life more than he's saved them.

Don't go looking for a reward, my friend. You helped save his family because it was the right thing to do.

• @Awesoke said: Don't go looking for a reward, my friend. You helped save his family because it was the right thing to do.

i agree, which is why "he gave you a ride to your hometown and saved your life when some dick tried to kill you" is no excuse to let kennys treachery slide.

• well we can temporarily forget episode three trailer because sometimes you have to work to get the dialogue promised in it. in fact kaatja never chewed me out about the kids

• @marcu5 said: i agree, which is why "he gave you a ride to your hometown and saved your life when some dick tried to kill you" is no excuse to let kennys treachery slide.

I'm curious. In what way did he betray you in your playthrough? I've pretty much sided with him the whole time.

Add Comment