1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mooneysuzuki said: Well everyone's favorite Lilly was against even going out to save Lee and everyone, she yelled at Carley and Glenn for going out and helping. And hey if my son almost died in front of me, I'd hold him too

Don't even bother. Besides the obvious Schroedinger's issue that CapnJay mentioned (some of us never have to go through the emotional trauma of being "betrayed" by Kenny, because we sided with him), this is a group full of people who are willing to give Lily and Larry (the guy that TRIED to get you killed back in episode one) a second chance, but not give one to Kenny, even going so far as to retroactively judge him based on his one brash decision.

Everyone wants to see black and white in a world that is grey, because it suits their need for vengeance.

• @Sisterofshane said: Don't even bother. Besides the obvious Schroedinger's issue that CapnJay mentioned (some of us never have to go through the emotional trauma of being "betrayed" by Kenny, because we sided with him), this is a group full of people who are willing to give Lily and Larry (the guy that TRIED to get you killed back in episode one) a second chance, but not give one to Kenny, even going so far as to retroactively judge him based on his one brash decision.

Everyone wants to see black and white in a world that is grey, because it suits their need for vengeance.

I don't think anyone is giving Larry a second chance? They just don't think he deserved to die, or that his daughter deserved to watch her only remaining relative crushed with a massive block.

You cannot put Lily in the same boat as him either, she hasn't tried to kill anyone and has also never backed away from helping other members of the group, even if they hate her.

She's seems difficult person to deal with but her heart is in the right place, Kenny just wants things his way otherwise he throws his toys out of the pram.

• @YamiRaziel said: P.S Mooneysuzuki, so you are telling me that if a group of strangers attract every (un)living zombie around to the building you are hiding at and somebody from your group goes out shooting a gun attracting even more zombies, you will be okay with that? You will be willing to accept some complete strangers, one of whom is covered is mud and is probably bitten. And those people are not only strangers, but they are even ready to pick a fight with your group. You are okay with that?

Hey man, I live in Manhattan so chances are if there are zombies walking around, I would be one of the walkers outside so i wouldn't have to make those decisions hahah. My point is as Lee, I would be pretty pissed off at Lilly in that situation for wanting to leave me for dead.

I understand where you guys are coming from on Lilly's side, but she rubbed me the wrong way at the drug store[SPOILERS]( plus what she does at the prison in the comics) so I've decided to put all my money in with Kenny. That's the good part about this game though, let's you choose.

• @Kinky John Fowler said: I don't think anyone is giving Larry a second chance? They just don't think he deserved to die, or that his daughter deserved to watch her only remaining relative crushed with a massive block.

You cannot put Lily in the same boat as him either, she hasn't tried to kill anyone and has also never backed away from helping other members of the group, even if they hate her.

She's seems difficult person to deal with but her heart is in the right place, Kenny just wants things his way otherwise he throws his toys out of the pram.

YOU might not have, but I have seen plenty of people around the forums justify his behavior in the drug store as just trying to "save his daughter" - an opinion with which I wholeheartedly concur. I call that giving the guy a second chance.

Also Lily CAN be lumped in the same boat, because she initially refuses to save your group from the Walkers in front of the Drug Store. However, she was doing so because she was afraid that you would attract the Walkers and get EVERYONE killed. She deserves another chance.

I also remember a lot of people on here (not accusing anyone specifically, but pointing out it was a popular opinion on the forums), that after episode one, were just waiting for the chance to kill Larry. I was not one of those people. I was mad at him, and would no longer trust him with my life or safety, but I wasn't actively seeking to kill him.

I see Kenny as the same type of person that you see Lily - morally grey. In fact, a major theme of The Walking Dead is that many characters will do some pretty messed up things in the name of "survival". Do you have a right to be mad at Kenny? Yes you do. But I don't agree with the people on here saying things like "Murder Kenny and his whole family RAWR!" anymore than the people who were saying the same things about Lily and Larry at the end of episode one.

• I just wish there were other possible solutions to that event. Like since there were so many salt licks in the locker, they could be used to pin Larry's body to the floor during the compressions instead of smashing his head off. 300 pound gorilla or not, I doubt he could get up very fast with a few hundred pounds of those pinning his legs and arms.

But I guess such an elaborate solution doesn't suit the panic mentality of the game's events. *sigh*Didn't like the guy, but didn't want to have his head splattered like a balloon in front of me.

• @DBudgell1 said: I just wish there were other possible solutions to that event. Like since there were so many salt licks in the locker, they could be used to pin Larry's body to the floor during the compressions instead of smashing his head off. 300 pound gorilla or not, I doubt he could get up very fast with a few hundred pounds of those pinning his legs and arms.

But I guess such an elaborate solution doesn't suit the panic mentality of the game's events. *sigh*Didn't like the guy, but didn't want to have his head splattered like a balloon in front of me.

The problem I have with people saying to restrain him first is that CPR is only useful if it's actually being done. In fact, any delay or pause in CPR dramatically tanks it's effectiveness. Let's face it, if you take the time to put salt blocks on his limbs, the guy is gonna die anyway and your "planning" meant nothing.

• Well, Kenny was useless in that scene so he could've done it.

• ask yourself this...if the group had to split right now and the two sides were kenny, duck, katja,ben or lilly, carley/doug...who would you rather take clem with?

one side is virtually useless and the other has been the backbone of survival...

• I don't think Ben would go with Kenny. He has spent most time with Carley/Doug and Lee was the one to take up the leader spot in the teacher event so I'm pretty sure he will choose Carley/Doug, Lee and Lilly.
    That makes you wonder... would there be anyone to follow Kenny and his family? Besides ,Sisterofshane, I mean :P

Add Comment