1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: Well, Kenny was useless in that scene so he could've done it.

That's pretty much what I would have liked to have happened. Too bad it didn't.

• @DBudgell1 said: I just wish there were other possible solutions to that event. Like since there were so many salt licks in the locker, they could be used to pin Larry's body to the floor during the compressions instead of smashing his head off. 300 pound gorilla or not, I doubt he could get up very fast with a few hundred pounds of those pinning his legs and arms.

But I guess such an elaborate solution doesn't suit the panic mentality of the game's events. *sigh*Didn't like the guy, but didn't want to have his head splattered like a balloon in front of me.

So you are telling me you expected a group of people who just witnessed a guy get his legs cut off and then fed back to them, who just got kidnapped, and are worrying for the sake of the rest of the group, and the risk of an incredibly strong zombie about to rise to think of that complex a plan?

• @YamiRaziel said: I don't think Ben would go with Kenny. He has spent most time with Carley/Doug and Lee was the one to take up the leader spot in the teacher event so I'm pretty sure he will choose Carley/Doug, Lee and Lilly.
    That makes you wonder... would there be anyone to follow Kenny and his family? Besides ,Sisterofshane, I mean :P

I would in a heartbeat haha. Kenny's my bro for life

• @DBudgell1 said: I just wish there were other possible solutions to that event. Like since there were so many salt licks in the locker, they could be used to pin Larry's body to the floor during the compressions instead of smashing his head off. 300 pound gorilla or not, I doubt he could get up very fast with a few hundred pounds of those pinning his legs and arms.

But I guess such an elaborate solution doesn't suit the panic mentality of the game's events. *sigh*Didn't like the guy, but didn't want to have his head splattered like a balloon in front of me.

You don't even to be that elaborate: You can see that atleast Lily was wearing a belt that could've been used as a restraint in the event Larry did reanimate, and given she has Lee take over for her in doing chest compressions, her hands were free to make that contingency work.

• @mooneysuzuki said: I would in a heartbeat haha. Kenny's my bro for life

well as long as you obey his every desire and totally succumb to his will then you are probally right and he will be your bro for life...

but if you ever dare question him or, God forbid, he ever has a reason to think that you might be about to turn then

BAM

...head soup time ;)

• @Sisterofshane said: YOU might not have, but I have seen plenty of people around the forums justify his behavior in the drug store as just trying to "save his daughter" - an opinion with which I wholeheartedly concur. I call that giving the guy a second chance.

Also Lily CAN be lumped in the same boat, because she initially refuses to save your group from the Walkers in front of the Drug Store. However, she was doing so because she was afraid that you would attract the Walkers and get EVERYONE killed. She deserves another chance.

I also remember a lot of people on here (not accusing anyone specifically, but pointing out it was a popular opinion on the forums), that after episode one, were just waiting for the chance to kill Larry. I was not one of those people. I was mad at him, and would no longer trust him with my life or safety, but I wasn't actively seeking to kill him.

I see Kenny as the same type of person that you see Lily - morally grey. In fact, a major theme of The Walking Dead is that many characters will do some pretty messed up things in the name of "survival". Do you have a right to be mad at Kenny? Yes you do. But I don't agree with the people on here saying things like "Murder Kenny and his whole family RAWR!" anymore than the people who were saying the same things about Lily and Larry at the end of episode one.

At the time outside of the pharmacy you were just a stranger to Lily so I cannot really blame her for not wanting to help, she has no idea if you are a danger or not (look at how the whole group, including Lee, react to the St Johns outside of their camp, and even the kids trapped in the beartrap initially). Anyway she's certainly not the warmest person at first but she came round to me, we just met in a bad situation. On the other hand you meet Kenny in a quaint farmhouse when everything is hunky dory, had it been in a more volotile setting I think he's shown enough in the the first 2 episodes to suggest he wouldn't have stuck his neck on the line to help, just like Lily.

Don't get me wrong I understand his viewpoint, he's lucky enough to still have his wife and child and they are his main priority, every decision he makes will have their interests at heart which is fair enough, however this means that in this group of strangers he's alienated in a way (it was the same with Larry who is apparently a dick, but at the end of the day was similarly only looking out for his daughter).

Lee has Clem to look after but he also clearly understands that the rest of the group need him too and will go out of his way to protect them and help them out with their troubles, he even has time for Larry (if you play it that way).

I see both Kenny and Lily as pretty similar tbh, Lily has shown to me though that she cares about the group and she's also shown to have her reasons for her aggressive personality, I also cannot remember her at any time letting any of the core group down. Kenny seems to disregard the safety and welfare of everyone else for for his family, I just think there has to be a balance, you have to keep your family safe but you also have to have some faith in the group, I don't think Kenny does.

• I think that in a future episode if you tell clementine killing is right then she will have to kill someone if you try to keep her innocent then duck will.

• @deadk1ng said: well as long as you obey his every desire and totally succumb to his will then you are probally right and he will be your bro for life...

but if you ever dare question him or, God forbid, he ever has a reason to think that you might be about to turn then

BAM

...head soup time ;)

seems like you could be one of those people that kenny drove by hahaha

• I will let kenny die / kill him at the first opportunity that shows up.
    Reasons have already been posted by other players.

• Every time I look at this thread title I think of the part in the South Park movie where they're at the UN.

-US ambassador clears throat and stands up-
    F*** CANADA! -Middle finger-

Add Comment