User Avatar Image

[WD] Changed choices.

posted by franapbsilva on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

Hey TTG!!!
I started playing the Episode 2 today, and my choices were changed!!!!! Wath the Hell??? I saved Doug in the hand, but in the second episode Carley it's still alive!!! :mad:

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sucrizzle said: After updating the props file I was able to start episode 2. But when I tried to resume my progress, all the saves were for episode 1.

Going to do a reinstall and start from scratch to see if that helps at all....

The game has issues updating the menus. Those saves were good, they just show up as EP1 but they would have worked if you loaded them. Had that problem too exiting the game and coming back in

• @warxsnake said: The game has issues updating the menus. Those saves were good, they just show up as EP1 but they would have worked if you loaded them. Had that problem too exiting the game and coming back in

I think I had the same issue. After warxsnake saved Ep. 2's launch with his workaround this weekend, I played for a while and then quit, and then came to resume and was concerned that my main save game still said Episode 1; thought I had lost my Ep 2 progress. When I selected Episode 2 though it picked me up where I left off.

• @warxsnake said: The game has issues updating the menus. Those saves were good, they just show up as EP1 but they would have worked if you loaded them. Had that problem too exiting the game and coming back in

When I had started episode 2 I used the first slot. When I went back and all the saves were labelled 'Episode 1' I thought it was a labelling issue so I used the first slot again and started episode 2. Once I started I was greeted with 'Last time on...'.

I still have the saves in a backup folder in case I can still salvage them, but I'm hoping a fresh start will fix things.

• @warxsnake said: -Possible Fix-

The game stores a "prefs.prop" in two places. One in:

C:\Users\___\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

And the other in:

D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default

Or if you don't have the Steam version, its somewhere in your game DIR.
    Do backups before overwriting anything.

Copy the prefs.prop file from your game's DIR folders, and overwrite it in your Documents\TTG\TWD folder

Go in game and load the save game with your finished EP1. Switch to EP2 in the chapter select and run it.

This worked for me when any other solution did not. My decisions carried over.

I wish I'd read this before.. lol I just uninstalled and reinstalled.. deleted my previous saves. I just said f*ck it.. I'll start completely fresh. If I still have the problem, I'll definitely use this as a fix.

• If you want to play EP1 one again you need to move prefs.prop back to the install dir again. It's still messed up like i told in my large post earlier wich allready housed this solution but was probably TLDR for most.

so: EP1 uses prefs.prop from install dir. copy to documents for EP2 and back to install for EP1.

After each play of a EP (either one or two) i make sure the prefs.prop is the same on both dirs and so far this worked on 3 seperate playthroughs.

• I don't have a "prefs.prop" on the install dir. However, I noticed that Kenny being angry with me is because of the "We reason with him" option on EP1, which I chose, but I also used the "NO! [Stop him]" after that, and this is not being carried over. He called me a good friend at the end of EP1, but he's angry with me at the beginning of EP2.

• Not the most comp literate person around...but where exactly is the game directory pref.prop file? I ran into the same problem and I'd like to try and fix it.

• i dont understand how to do any of this with my mac on steam??? and im not good with computers :(....steam episode 2 is just a black screen. help?

• @warxsnake said: -Possible Fix-

The game stores a "prefs.prop" in two places. One in:

C:\Users\___\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

And the other in:

D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default

Or if you don't have the Steam version, its somewhere in your game DIR.
    Do backups before overwriting anything.

Copy the prefs.prop file from your game's DIR folders, and overwrite it in your Documents\TTG\TWD folder

Go in game and load the save game with your finished EP1. Switch to EP2 in the chapter select and run it.

This worked for me when any other solution did not. My decisions carried over.

Hi There,
    I recently did as suggested to copy the pref.props file to the game directory, or at least I think it was the right directory. EP2 is installed, but won't launch so I continued where EP1 left off. After the recap, the game loads and all I'm hearing is the audio, but still get no video. Am I doing something wrong? I rechecked the files and everything, restarted the game several times....any ideas or help please. I'd like to start the next episode.

Thanks.

Add Comment