User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Ending Choice!

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

So how many people looted the car at the end and why? Personally i took the food becasue no one was around and we needed it. I then told Clementine it was ok. Do you think this small yet big choice will have a larger outcome?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How's Florida this time of year? :P

• I killed the first brother but left the second one. As of the car, at first I looted it, but halfway through the scene I was feeling like shit and couldn´t keep going, so I reloaded my save and left them be.

• @Coolface330 said:

It's a miracle itself to have your group starving to stumble upon an abandoned car during these harsh times, and you would turn it down?! x_x

It is a miracle, a rather too good to be true miracle. Why is a car there, with it's light on (which means that it hasn't been abandoned for too long)? Where are the owners? Something fishy is going on here...

• @Jazzy said: It is a miracle, a rather too good to be true miracle. Why is a car there, with it's light on (which means that it hasn't been abandoned for too long)? Where are the owners? Something fishy is going on here...

Didn't Duck hear the car park or something? If so, that implies that the owners could have been watching them from afar.

• @Zeruis said: Didn't Duck hear the car park or something? If so, that implies that the owners could have been watching them from afar.

He heard the "door ajar" dinging sound.

• @Jazzy said: It is a miracle, a rather too good to be true miracle. Why is a car there, with it's light on (which means that it hasn't been abandoned for too long)? Where are the owners? Something fishy is going on here...

We discussed the possibilities in another thread. I really don't think the car was just parked - yes the lights are on, but a decent battery will last fir a few hours, even longer if there was gas in the car and the engine was left running.
    Also, Duck hears a noise, and Kenny says "it [the noise] sounds like a car". This means the noise is on going. It can't be the sound of the car driving and parking, because the car had no gas, and the engine did not even turn over when Lee tried the keys (perhaps maybe because the battery had drained from having the lights left on?). The noise was most likely the car's "open door" or "key's in the ignition" indicator.

We do know that the car was abandoned hastily - it's even possible that, when they left, they intended to return. However, it wasn't recently abandoned, and the longer it was from the time they left, the less likely it is that they will be able to return. And I think the time was probably longer rather than shorter.

• Ofcourse you take the food, if not you are risking the lives of a group of people (including children) that you KNOW to be alive, it would be completely illogical to gamble with the safety of the group for the sake of morality in such a situation.

Had you been fairly well stocked back at the garage then fair enough, leaving the food would be an option, but the whole episode was about the group starving.

• Also about it being the crazy lady's car (as suggested in the video), it is also a possibility that she wasn't the last person to have the car, and a certainty if the lights being on wasn't just a continuity issue. If so then whoever last had the car likely stole it anyway.

• @Kinky John Fowler said: Ofcourse you take the food, if not you are risking the lives of a group of people (including children) that you KNOW to be alive, it would be completely illogical to gamble with the safety of the group for the sake of morality in such a situation.

Had you been fairly well stocked back at the garage then fair enough, leaving the food would be an option, but the whole episode was about the group starving.

I didn't steal the food from the car. I figured that the week's worth of food left would be enough for me, Lilly and Clem before we set off to find more.

• didnt shoot the lady,sided with lilly (when deciding to kill or help larry).sparred both brothers, didnt take the food. I now have a new opinion on Kenny, hes an idiot

Add Comment