1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kinky John Fowler said: At the time outside of the pharmacy you were just a stranger to Lily so I cannot really blame her for not wanting to help, she has no idea if you are a danger or not (look at how the whole group, including Lee, react to the St Johns outside of their camp, and even the kids trapped in the beartrap initially). Anyway she's certainly not the warmest person at first but she came round to me, we just met in a bad situation. On the other hand you meet Kenny in a quaint farmhouse when everything is hunky dory, had it been in a more volotile setting I think he's shown enough in the the first 2 episodes to suggest he wouldn't have stuck his neck on the line to help, just like Lily.

Don't get me wrong I understand his viewpoint, he's lucky enough to still have his wife and child and they are his main priority, every decision he makes will have their interests at heart which is fair enough, however this means that in this group of strangers he's alienated in a way (it was the same with Larry who is apparently a dick, but at the end of the day was similarly only looking out for his daughter).

Lee has Clem to look after but he also clearly understands that the rest of the group need him too and will go out of his way to protect them and help them out with their troubles, he even has time for Larry (if you play it that way).

I see both Kenny and Lily as pretty similar tbh, Lily has shown to me though that she cares about the group and she's also shown to have her reasons for her aggressive personality, I also cannot remember her at any time letting any of the core group down. Kenny seems to disregard the safety and welfare of everyone else for for his family, I just think there has to be a balance, you have to keep your family safe but you also have to have some faith in the group, I don't think Kenny does.

I honestly have the same opinion of Lilly's character as you, except I would liken most of Kenny's behavior to Larry's as opposed to her. Thinking on my REAL life, I have one daughter just like him - and as much as I love my mother, I don't think I would protect her as aggressively as I would my child (especially seeing as how she is a young Child, like Kenny and Duck). I can sympathize with Kenny too, because despite clearly tending for the group (risking his life to hunt for food, for example) he won't put them ahead of his family. That's why when the group decides to stay at the Motor Inn (possibly because Mark provides them with food which makes it a bit more "cushy"), he sees the writing on the wall (eventually the food is going to run out) and makes the decision to leave with his family. Lilly has her dad, but not any children/husband to care for. It's easier to be a bit more detached when the person you care for is more than capable of taking care of themselves (and we see this a bit with Kenny and Katjaa, with whom he is not shown to be so aggressive about protecting as Duck).

Also from my playthrough, I see Kenny as the kind of character that becomes easily accepting of someone, as long as that someone treats his family with the same regard. If you side with him in the Drug Store, and put the children's well being above all else in each situation, then he all but guarantees you have a place with him in his motor home. He talks about not leaving you behind often - it's clear that, if you treat him like family, he extends the same feelings toward you. And I don't see Lee forming that kind of relationship with anyone else in the group.

I can also see where people who, have up to this point, have sided with him over everything BUT the case in the meat locker, might see his behavior as inappropriate, but I REALLY think he should have another chance. I would be seriously upset with TTG if they don't provide some sort of reconciliation between Lee and Kenny (for those players who want it).

• @YamiRaziel said: Every following playthrough, my despise for Kenny is growing rapidly. At this point I can't even force myself to side with him anymore. I just have to treat him like the trash he is.
    And if all Kenny supporters keep claiming that we should act rationally then from the very first choice (Shawn/Duck) we should all always choose Shawn. Duck is a little boy, that is stupid as a bag of hammers (Kenny's words... seriously that guy...). Being the stupid brat that he is, he will probably die or put even more people in danger. He can't contribute to anyone.
    Shawn however is the guy that saves you and Clementine. The guy that helps his father protect a family of a many members. The guy that gives you shelter and realizes the potential dangers of walkers roaming around. If we've got to be rational it doesn't make sense to save a little (annoying) kid if you can save a young adult.

LOL, I actually did try to save Shawn in my playthrough - not because I valued him more than Duck, but because I figured that EVERYONE had come running when they heard Shawn scream, and that out of the other two adults were there (both of them being Duck's parents), that they would handle Duck while I tried to help Shawn. For a millisecond I regretted it, thinking that Duck was going to die - but then I turned out to be right.

If I had been alone, or I knew that I was the only one who could have responded in time, I probably would have saved Duck. Children ARE important - what's the point of surviving if we don't try to protect our future?

• The point is to protect the present, maybe? During a zombie apocalypse children are liability. Even if you are alone, according to your "I'm a rational player" logic, Shawn should be the first choice. If not, then your rationalism is a bit inconsistent.

• the thing about Kenny its that in reverse situations...i would jump on danny and try to help out...cause 2x1 is better than 1x1.

I don`t hate him because of that(people do get scared or some other stuff) i just don`t trust him anymore

• @Greedow said: the thing about Kenny its that in reverse situations...i would jump on danny and try to help out...cause 2x1 is better than 1x1.

I don`t hate him because of that(people do get scared or some other stuff) i just don`t trust him anymore

well it depends on your choice in the meat locker. If you choose to help Lilly then Kenny does hide but if you help Kenny then he is the one who saves you with Danny while Lilly stays with Larry's body. Also if you choose Kenny Lilly doesn't try to help when Andy has you to the fence, she stares at you and looks down

• Yeah, you helped Kenny kill her dad. Of course she wouldn't care you anymore.
    On the other hand if you try to save a guy's life Kenny leaves you to die. What's his excuse? That you disagree with him once?

• @deadk1ng said: ask yourself this...if the group had to split right now and the two sides were kenny, duck, katja,ben or lilly, carley/doug...who would you rather take clem with?

one side is virtually useless and the other has been the backbone of survival...

Lee, Clem, Doug and Lilly are my team of choice.
    i will let Kenny, Katja, Duck, and Ben go their own way.
    That way in a week when I stumble across their zombie forms i can laugh and make a vent hole in their heads.

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah, you helped Kenny kill her dad. Of course she wouldn't care you anymore.
    On the other hand if you try to save a guy's life Kenny leaves you to die. What's his excuse? That you disagree with him once?

valid point man but I just relate more to him, plus like i said we know Lilly's future so i guess that just rubs me the wrong way

• @Necrosoul said: Lee, Clem, Doug and Lilly are my team of choice.
    i will let Kenny, Katja, Duck, and Ben go their own way.
    That way in a week when I stumble across their zombie forms i can laugh and make a vent hole in their heads.

Ben's kinda been an "empty uniform", not good, not bad. He just hasn't had the face time for me to have an opinion on him yet.

Only reason I'd be at all hesitant to boot Kenny's ass out is that Katjaa would almost certainly go with him, and she's the closest thing the group has to a medic. From a downright bastardly "hard choice, risk and reward" perspective, even Duck's a liability and expendable: the kid's loud and mentally slow (we see as much, even Kenny doesn't deny it), so I'd peg his chances of growing into a competent, self-sufficient adult as being... questionable. By contrast, Clem's quiet, intelligent, and aware of what's going on around her. When we first meet her she's already been living on her own for a few days, which is an encouraging sign that she won't be totally reliant on parental care as she grows up.

Add Comment