User Avatar Image

What Do you think Will be The Consequences of (SPOILER) Stealing from the Car?

posted by Dasacugo on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

The decision of stealing or not the food from the car was the hardest for me. In first place, it moved me that Clem :) faced all the group, so i finally decided to support her, because i didn't wanted that she feel alone, but later that night i thought that was a coward action from me let her be hungry by just a moral choice. What do you think will be the Consequences of what we all choose for the next Episodes(Share your decision).

PD Sorry for my bad english. My Native Language is Spanish.

261 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What is going to happen?

Stealing from the car will certainly have consequences. However, if they'll be group internal or regarding the owners of the food, I don't know. The food could belong to anyone.

I guess that the food belongs either to the bandits or to a character of the TV show. And they might not be very happy about stealing it. Maybe you're even responsible for other people's death (starvings). People will know them for being the thieves because of the hoodie. It was utterly stupid to take it.

I did "steal" the food. There was nobody there ... the driver is probably dead and the food might just be wasted, if you leave it behind. So I explained to Clem that we're not bandits. But in this world you either eat or are being eaten.

• cant imagine why the hell someone will not take the food. We not thieving anything the car is ABANDONED and we all are starving.
    The easier decision in the entire series i must say

• I figure the consequence would be somebody recognizing Clem in the red hoodie that was in the car.

Given the cans from save lots and the fact that the forest lady had a girl at one point though, the theory that she owned the car did make sense however.

Although I don't know how the car battery could last the number of hours it went from meeting the lady to finding the car.

• From the trailer we can see that Lee is shooting the bandit from episode 2 in the head. I assume that the car was owned by the bandits and they come to retaliate.

• what i would love is they meet up with the people they stole supplies from and they AREN'T pissed. the gangs guilty conscience would make them paranoid.

• @Dasacugo said: The decision of stealing or not the food from the car was the hardest for me. In first place, it moved me that Clem :) faced all the group, so i finally decided to support her, because i didn't wanted that she feel alone, but later that night i thought that was a coward action from me let her be hungry by just a moral choice. What do you think will be the Consequences of what we all choose for the next Episodes(Share your decision).

PD Sorry for my bad english. My Native Language is Spanish.

The only good choice is not to take the food. The food is taken anyways but Lee earns points with Clem, Lilly, Ben and Carley. Kenny hates Lee in my game so no need to go out of my way to make him happy.

Also, the hoddie gets left behind. It's the only real link to the food and the ones who stole the food right? No need to let anyone see Clem wearing it out in public. Like bandits.

• I think it is more of a moral consequence than physical (though I think whatever physical consequence presented could be kind of ironically funny if done right)

It most likely is meant to influence Clementine and Lee at the very end. Both of them are on a journey through this, so the way Lee acts not only changes who he is but what Clementine will become. That makes the choices I make a lot more meaningful when I think in the long run.

• @Zeruis said: From the trailer we can see that Lee is shooting the bandit from episode 2 in the head. I assume that the car was owned by the bandits and they come to retaliate.

**Spoilers** Well at the end of Jolene's video, she mentioned how the bandits had their attention focused on the dairy so Clementine will be safe as long as the bandits get food. So I think that because the dairy is no longer their center of attention, the bandits are scoping the area out and realize they can attack the motel. So I am not sure they are linked to the car or if they are I am not sure it is retaliation.

• I honestly can't think of any sensible, delayed repercussions. eg. Bandits would not let strangers take their supplies, only to come back and exact revenge later on. Plus, how would they recognise any of them? Supplies are not exactly identifiable IMO, though I suppose the hoodie would. Even then, stolen supplies or not, bandits would always be hostile so it makes little difference.

I believe it's more of a moral choice and it's there to prove your alignment, both in ethics and your group.

So far, my only disappointment was the impact of choices in the game. Choices did not matter as far as the survivability of the group was concerned. So, though I hope otherwise, I think whether or not you choose to loot Lee & Clementine will neither starve nor get cold.

• So I'm thinking this differently now. The bandits are probably attacking the motor inn because it was Lee's group that had trashed the dairy. Breaking the deal, the bandits go to intervene. I don't think that the bandits have anything to do with the abandoned car.

Add Comment