Menu
User Avatar Image

TWD: Ep. 2 - download keeps stopping

posted by UpsetFan#1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Hey Guys,

I am running The Walking Dead video game on a Mac and am having a hard time downloading the second episode. It keeps saying my internet is cutting out, even though I know that my internet is working fine. When it "cuts out", it starts me back at 1%….

What should I do?

contact TTG?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hell, I have this same problem with the PS3 version of the download-Too many times it wouldn't even let me start downloading in the first place after I had just purchased it about 20 minutes ago, so I'd shut off my PS3 or disable my wireless connection (Sony's recommendation) and try again... Same thing happens. Another problem is after waiting for a while on the download screen, it would actually start, but then when I'd go to check the download status, it would just stop at 2% (18 mb). I'd like to know why people across all platforms are having the same problems?! Shouldn't this have been thoroughly tested on all platforms many times before release?

Maybe I'm a foolish mortal who's tiny brain cannot fully grasp the concept of logical thought... This is not the case, so I'm here to point the finger at Telltale's staff *Point* and say WTF?!?!?!

• Hell, I have this same problem with the PS3 version of the download-Too many times it wouldn't even let me start downloading in the first place after I had just purchased it about 20 minutes ago, so I'd shut off my PS3 or disable my wireless connection (Sony's recommendation) and try again... Same thing happens. Another problem is after waiting for a while on the download screen, it would actually start, but then when I'd go to check the download status, it would just stop at 2% (18 mb). I'd like to know why people across all platforms are having the same problems?! Shouldn't this have been thoroughly tested on all platforms many times before release?

Maybe I'm a foolish mortal who's tiny brain cannot fully grasp the concept of logical thought... This is not the case, so I'm here to point the finger at Telltale's staff *Point* and say WTF?!?!?!

• I'm on a PS3. Have no idea why it posted the first one without even letting me know it had posted successfully... Sorry for a duplicate post.

• Ok, so it's at 69% at the time of this post, so far so good... I just hope it finishes and I don't have any of the gameplay issues everyone else has been talking about...

• Same problem, keeps stopping at 73%.

TElltale, please sort this out, I paid for this game?

• SO UPSET!!! Same problem with downloading episode 2!!! 81% and that's it but last time it shows me a finger by saying "quite unexpectedly"!!! What the HELL is wrong with your App guys!!! Almost 30 paid for NOTHING!!! Better to download it from torrent for FREE and play without any headache! Telltale Games DO SOMETHING!!!! Maybe Steam copy works better? Any thoughts?

• I'm having the same issues. Mac OSX. get to anywhere from 2% to 30% downloaded and it cuts out saying i lost my connection. Fix it up TTG. This is garbage.

• @anonymous man said: Maybe Steam copy works better? Any thoughts?

Good question anonymous, I never have a problem downloading anything via Steam. Telltale, how about providing Steam passes for those of us who are experiencing the problem?

• So I am wasting bandwidth and time trying to repeatedly download a game that I paid for yet I can't access.

Telltale, are you going to do anything? Can't we just download the exe from the website or something because your current solution is broken.

• I've emailed support today. I'll let you know if i get a reply.

James

Add Comment