User Avatar Image

[Ep1-3, SPOILERS]Team Lilly vs. Team Kenny (merged threads)

posted by Zeekay980 on - last edited - Viewed by 11.5K users

All of Kenny's decisions are about taking risks. A lot of them unnecessary or not that thought out. "We break the lock and see what they're hiding. If those farmers give us trouble we take em' out" or something like that. Let's not forget rushing to rescue his family without even grabbing a weapon or looking for the other brother. Some are sensible risks like we have to leave our safe haven otherwise we starve. Lilly is all about playing it safe. She doesn't want any new people because they are unknowns and extra mouths to feed. She doesn't want to risk leaving a place they know is safe to try to find someplace with more food that might not exist. When given enough suspicions about the farm, she suggests just leaving without snooping around or getting dinner. She also doesn't want to loot the car because it might not be abandoned and she doesn't want to risk fucking up somebody's life. The only time they are reversed is with Larry for obvious reasons. Just my two cents.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @reno2200 said: I don't mind having Lilly in charge. If you side with her, she really softens up towards you. First and foremost, my Lee is a solid role model to Clem. Lilly puts the group first, whereas Kenny acts on what he thinks is best. It's not about taking risks, it's about taking unnecessary risks. Did checking the barn REALLY achieve anything? Couldn't Kenny have waited a little longer in the meat locker? Why not MAKE A PLAN before running off unarmed after these gun-wielding maniacs who clearly have no qualms with killing the non-undead? Lilly keeps everyone going, Kenny makes a mess, my Lee picks up the pieces.

    I think there will be a divide between Team Lilly and Team Kenny (in-game and on these forums, no doubt) and, unless Carley gives me a convincing argument to the contrary, I'm thinking Lilly is the one I should stick with. I think she's going to be ridiculously loyal to and defensive of the group instead of Kenny only caring about his immediate family.

    If I had to put money on the cause of the big argument in the Episode 3 trailer, I'd say it's something to do with Kenny's family. If there was anyone able to "screw it up for everyone," it'd have to be Kenny or Duck, right?

    This is what I was thinking. The group is standing outside the RV, which implies that it broke down, and Lilly is confronting Kenny about it.

  • kenny seems more panicked then he should if it's just broken down

  • @CapnJay said: picture

    Episode 2 Kenny in a nutshell. I'm going to be his Robin.

  • I think that Lee is already in charge on an unspoken level. Not only because he is the player, but because he is constantly looked to for advice by both Lilly and Kenny in episode 2. If Lilly and Kenny set their differences aside, Lee would be in charge without a dought.

    The group at this point is ruled by conflict.

  • I don't think Kenny is all about taking risks. Making things happen, sure, but sometimes making things happen is safer than sitting around.

    I'm referring to the meat locker scene. Kenny wants to act preemptively to protect the entire group, while Lilly doesn't care about the risks and continues trying to revive her father (not that I blame her for it). The game seems to put a lot of importance on this particular choice so it's safe to assume it's supposed to reflect Kenny's character quite accurately.

    In any event I've preferred Kenny's approach to things so far. Lee would probably be the best leader now that Larry doesn't give him trouble anymore, but I think that might make the game less interesting.

  • @TheWaltzingBread said: I think that Lee is already in charge on an unspoken level. Not only because he is the player, but because he is constantly looked to for advice by both Lilly and Kenny in episode 2. If Lilly and Kenny set their differences aside, Lee would be in charge without a dought.

    The group at this point is ruled by conflict.

    Really, what we see here is that there is no leader of the group - there are two people who want things to go their way, and everyone else has to choose who they are going to follow for each specific incident.

    This doesn't really do much for making the group more cohesive. In fact, the longer that they continue to allow two people to work against each other, the more the ENTIRE group will become divided.

    It would be better at this point for Lilly and Kenny to ALWAYS give the ultimate decision to Lee. Lee would then get EVERY adults opinion, and make the decision he feels best.

  • @Sisterofshane said: Really, what we see here is that there is no leader of the group - there are two people who want things to go their way, and everyone else has to choose who they are going to follow for each specific incident.

    This doesn't really do much for making the group more cohesive. In fact, the longer that they continue to allow two people to work against each other, the more the ENTIRE group will become divided.

    It would be better at this point for Lilly and Kenny to ALWAYS give the ultimate decision to Lee. Lee would then get EVERY adults opinion, and make the decision he feels best.

    Another good option would be to have Lilly and Kenny continue their power struggle, and Lee, being the most influential member of the remaining group, could decrease the authority of one by constantly siding with the other, up to the point where whichever one has been receiving Lee's support (Kenny or Lilly) becomes the undisputed leader of the group, and the other falls into line or even leaves the group entirely.

  • kenny is not a dark knight. he's a flipping moron who only cares about his immediate family and is completely disloyal to anyone who doesn't do exactly what he wants all the time.

  • Kenny is a coward piece of shit who only cares about his familly.

    First he saved Duck and abandoned Shawn.
    Then he froze when Danny pointed the gun at Lee and didnt do anything. Lilly came in and saved the day.

    Lilly and Carley have proven themself. Kenny? Well, he has a tendency to disappoint when he is really needed.

    I just imagine that after abandoning everyone else to follow Kenny. he will leave me behind. Probably sailing off into the sunset with his boat leaving me with a large horde of walkers back at the docks.

  • @zenstrata said: kenny is not a dark knight. he's a flipping moron who only cares about his immediate family and is completely disloyal to anyone who doesn't do exactly what he wants all the time.

    So was the illusive man but he got his own dark knight quote poster so i figured one coward gets it so should another

Add Comment