User Avatar Image

Who the hell is Mark? /SPOILER

posted by Lockmort on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I live in Europe and own a ps3 so when I finally got to play episode 2 last night, it has been over 2 months since I last took a look at our survivors.

I could remember everyone, and recalled most of the decisions I made from episode 1. But I had no memories of Mark at all. I just couldn't figure out where he came from. Did I miss something from episode 1?

It's just now that I realized that Mark wasn't in episode 1 at all. That's a bit lame. Introducing a new character like that, especially after knowing everything that happens to him. Why couldn't we just have both Doug and Carly alive, that would have been way more emotional. Now I didn't really care for Mark, so when shit hit the fan I still thought it was pretty awesome, but it didn't have the impact it could have had. Bit of a shame.

Or am I missing something here?

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought they did a good job at making you like Mark enough to feel for him when what happened, happened.

The story skips three months and the group met Mark within that time. So no you didn't miss anything but they let you know how he came to be let into the group.

• Just talk with him in game. He is gonna tells everything about himself throughtout the chapter.

• Yep, I agree that both introducing a new character offscreen is fine and that killing off the new guy was a bit cheap, it sets a bad precedence for future characters introduced offscreen. Plus, I liked Mark! :(

• In replaying it, they sort of bludgeon you repeatedly with Mark's backstory.

"You shouldn't have opened that door, Mark."
    "The one to the commissary where we met and I gave you food? Yeah, but I'd be eaten instead by now."

"Shut up, Mark! The only reason you're here is because you had food!"
    "Yes, you're referring to us meeting in the air force produce aisle. You shot a zombie off me and we all ate steaks right after; good times."

"Oh god, it's Mark! He's a zombie!"
    "It's ironic, really. After all that stuff I said when we first met about how I like to stay clean and couldn't imagine being rotted and icky."

• User Avatar Image
    BSM

@mtdew332 said: Now THAT is funny! :D

Wait, I don't get it.

• I wish TT gives us a patch that has another narrative branch where Mark lives, or at least survives his amputation. RIP Mark, you used to an adventurer like Lee, but then you took an arrow to the shoulder.

Add Comment