User Avatar Image

Missing languages discussion

posted by nicduch on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Bonjour,

je ne m'exprimerai qu'en français sur ce forum étant donné que vous n'avez meme pas pris la peine de nous vendre une version française ou meme ne serais ce que sous-titrée en français....

j'etais vraiment désireux d'acheter ce jeux sur steam, prêt à cliquer sur "acheté" quand j'ai vu qu'il n'etait meme pas sous-titrée fr....

vu le manque de considération que vous portez aux francophones, comptez sur moi pour décourager ceux qui hésitent à acheter ce jeu pour les mêmes raison que moi.

à bon entendeur...

merci aux francophones de poster leurs mécontentements ici afin de, peut etre un jour, avoir droit a des sous-titres fr voir meme (du domaine du rêve tout de même) une version full fr !!!

106 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lars80 said: Learn English!
    Problem solved.

The problem is not about learning english or not, like some folks said before there is a big Walking Dead community right here in Europe and ignored them is quite disappointing.

Not everyone is able to speak a fluent English and even for those who speak a little it's still pretty hard to understand sometimes.

Making some subtitles for the major European languages such as French, German or Spanish would be great and that wouldn't take too much work i think.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm just playing "Bastion"... and can't get English subtitles in that game. The German ones the game forces on me, however, are SO FUCKING BAD that this thing is almost unbearable. The narrator is consistently translated with a completely wrong character in mind. :mad:

Seriously, establishing cooperation with publishers in the target country and releasing halfway proper translations on retail DVD made by them seems to be the more sensible option. Telltale have done this quite often in the past and I hope this will work out the same way with TWD. But it does take more time, and ongoing negotiations are not to be disclosed.

• I'm sure they'll get around to it, they usually do. It could be worse, at least you can get the game already if you're in those countries.

• Bonjour.

Comme vous, je n'en peux plus... je n'ai qu'une envie, ces de presser le bouton A pour acheter ce jeux mais il est hors de question tant que la version VOSTFR ne seras pas dispo. J'en pleure meme car j'ai vus les 2 premieres saison, je me suis acheter TOUTE les BD dispo ainsi que le art book, le making of et la BD de walking read (ouais ouais je suis vraiment trop a fond dedans)et la je me mords les doigts de savoir que je peut connaitre les prequelle de certain perso de la bd rien qu'en appuyant sur ce fichu bouton A. J'envie aujourd'hui les joueur pc qui on, grace a des fan, une traduction faite, ELLE, avec amour...
    Comme vous j'attend en esperant qu'un jour on poura lire ces phrase tant attendus par des milliers de fan: France, Espagne, Allemagne...

• @CloudS56 said: Bonjour.

Comme vous, je n'en peux plus... je n'ai qu'une envie, ces de presser le bouton A pour acheter ce jeux mais il est hors de question tant que la version VOSTFR ne seras pas dispo. J'en pleure meme car j'ai vus les 2 premieres saison, je me suis acheter TOUTE les BD dispo ainsi que le art book, le making of et la BD de walking read (ouais ouais je suis vraiment trop a fond dedans)et la je me mords les doigts de savoir que je peut connaitre les prequelle de certain perso de la bd rien qu'en appuyant sur ce fichu bouton A. J'envie aujourd'hui les joueur pc qui on, grace a des fan, une traduction faite, ELLE, avec amour...
    Comme vous j'attend en esperant qu'un jour on poura lire ces phrase tant attendus par des milliers de fan: France, Espagne, Allemagne...

I fart in your general direction

• mmm...
    According to someone that looked inside the texture content of the Ep.1, there are 4 textures that are national flags. Maybe they are icons for a future language menu? The flags are for these regions:

-English
    -French
    -German
    -Spanish

As usual Italian is not considered....
    maybe we should open a Kickstarter project to have them??? :D

• Hello, me does not include why a game(set,play) so popular as your is not its version translated there français.je cheeks on 360 and I am not the only one to gamer has to think of the mème chose.pour I it is a marketing error because you lose many of argent.si did not rectify you it for you my money will go has the competitors too bad for you.

• Hello Community and Staff :)

I wanted to ask if given the success that now is assured of The Walking Dead.
    Why not think about doing some localization of this game?
    I'm Italian and I love this game and like millions of people around the world.
    Around us are amateur translators who have permission to enjoy your masterpiece in my language but unfortunately this only works on PC as on consoles would be Illegal.
    I hope someone can answer me to indicate whether it is due to location and what language.
    Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english.

• @DarkRaven1307 said: Hello Community and Staff :)

I wanted to ask if given the success that now is assured of The Walking Dead.
    Why not think about doing some localization of this game?
    I'm Italian and I love this game and like millions of people around the world.
    Around us are amateur translators who have permission to enjoy your masterpiece in my language but unfortunately this only works on PC as on consoles would be Illegal.
    I hope someone can answer me to indicate whether it is due to location and what language.
    Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english.

What is wrong with English?

• The writing, does not know if my English is impeccable

Add Comment