User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23.5K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know its been said that you don't need to follow the show or comic to play the game, but should I wait till all 5 episodes are out? or is each episode enough to play alone? Or is that just personal preference?

I've read a little on the forums, and I know it was mentioned that Rick and Lee will never meet, and I'm fine with that it is meant to be different stories, but I was thinking it would be great for a cameo as in, Rick hears a broadcast from Lee that he can't make out or vice versa... Just enough to give a nod to the other...

• Please never stop inserting those Monkey Island trophies/achievements. When I got the "you fight like a dairy farmer" trophy, I bursted out laughing. Great job!
    I know this isn't really the right thread for it, but are you guys thinking about perhaps making a new "Monkey Island" related game? That would be so awesome.

• @tufrabza said: I know its been said that you don't need to follow the show or comic to play the game, but should I wait till all 5 episodes are out? or is each episode enough to play alone? Or is that just personal preference?

I've read a little on the forums, and I know it was mentioned that Rick and Lee will never meet, and I'm fine with that it is meant to be different stories, but I was thinking it would be great for a cameo as in, Rick hears a broadcast from Lee that he can't make out or vice versa... Just enough to give a nod to the other...

If I had it to do all over again, I would have waited. Originally when I bought the season pass, (I know it's been said a billion times) I thought the episodes were going to be released every month. That would have been enough time to pass where I could keep up and not lose the story and characters (like the comics). Now that they have a "periodic release" status. I wish I had waited. It is too much time in between to get a fluid experience.

my 2 cents.

• Jake will there ever be a test where we find a settlement with nine spaces open and we have ten people so we're forced to kill one person with a pistol and we can talk to everyone kenny suggests lily lily suggests kenny and others have suggestions and you can choose anyone even duck clementine the guy who made you choose or even lee but the guns empty and whatever you choose gets you called out

• Hey Jake I have a pointless question. What do you think of Rizzolli and Isles recently Revealed middle name of Rizzolli being

Jane Clementine Rizzoli

• @CapnJay said: Hey Jake I have a pointless question. What do you think of Rizzolli and Isles recently Revealed middle name of Rizzolli being

Jane Clementine Rizzoli

that is pointless you just won the jackpot

• Question for Jake:

Why is choosing to Reason with Larry tracked as siding with Larry instead of the following choices where you can shout him down or punch him? It feels like it was the wrong thing for the game to be tracking.

• @zgamer said: Question for Jake:

Why is choosing to Reason with Larry tracked as siding with Larry instead of the following choices where you can shout him down or punch him? It feels like it was the wrong thing for the game to be tracking.

Looking through the files, it's one of many things in that argument which change how Kenny saw the outcome. Shouting him down or punching him is also tracked. They appear to have equal weight, which was probably not smart, but the "reason with him" dialog is not the only thing being looked at.

• @Jake said: Looking through the files, it's one of many things in that argument which change how Kenny saw the outcome. Shouting him down or punching him is also tracked. They appear to have equal weight, which was probably not smart, but the "reason with him" dialog is not the only thing being looked at.

Ok. It just seems inconsistent though that he tells me what a great person I was because I saved Duck and then shouted down Larry, but then Kenny tells me I tried to throw Duck out in Episode 2

• Is there anything i can do about the corrupt save files ive lost?

Add Comment