1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jazzy, that's not true. You can say bitten for days, depending how strong you are. You will eventually die because of the fever and the virus and then you will turn. Larry isn't Neo from the Matrix, he won't jump right away and kill them like the witch from Left 4 Dead. The best he could do is to grab somebody (Lilly or Kenny) and bite them before they kill him.
    My point is that even if that happened, Kenny wouldn't have been in danger at all cause wasn't helping.

P.S Easy. Lee keeps kicking that zombie around until he puts down, facing the ground. Then he jumps on its back and doesn't let it move until somebody drops a salt-lick on the zombies head.

• @Jazzy said: Ah but the game alters how they react to you depending solely on whether you help kill Larry or not. If you help kill Larry then Lily not only doesn't help but even brings out Clem with her to watch you potentially get electrocuted to death. Also remember that she didn't want to come out to help you in ep 1 and she and Larry wanted to murder Duck over the possibility of him may have been bit. To be honest, they both act like right twats regardless.

In ep 1 they saw Kenny draw 20 zombie to them by saying "Hey are you friendly?" (I would let the idiot die)

Did Larry kill Duck? (no)

Larry stated his case and was ready to act.(Kenny out right killed Larry)

• @YamiRaziel said: Jazzy, that's not true. You can say bitten for days, depending how strong you are. You will eventually die because of the fever and the virus and then you will turn. Larry isn't Neo from the Matrix, he won't jump right away and kill them like the witch from Left 4 Dead. The best he could do is to grab somebody (Lilly or Kenny) and bite them before they kill him.
    My point is that even if that happened, Kenny wouldn't have been in danger at all cause wasn't helping.

Once bitten then you will die, not straight away but unless you amputate the limb that you were bitten on immediately then you die, so anyone Larry bites will die. The guy in the back of the truck does turn in minutes and jumps up and attacks straight away, and these characters don't know whether that length of time varies or what. And how would they kill him? The salt lick is incredibly heavy and not a weapon you can use in combat.

• @Jazzy said: He was going to, remember he had the heart attack before the argument could be stop normally. He didn't suggest that Duck should be thrown out, he demanded it and he only held off on grabbing Duck and throwing him out because his family was in the way and even a big guy like him has to be careful of the odds (plus a knife in the gut topples anyone).

well they also could have bashed Duck's head in...at least he presented options (j/k). Like I always say, its very easy to do an armchair critique after multiple replays. I wont lie, my 1st playthrough and the tension of not knowing his fate, I killed him. Not because of Kenny, but because of Clem- brilliant plot device TTG created in her. If I was in there alone I'd have tried to help him (despite him being a total dick).

• And the girl in the motor inn stayed bitten for hours. Apparently I can be a weapon, as long as you hold the target still.
    Remember the cop in the forest? How slow he was? He was on the ground and if you weren't a scared professor I'm sure you could've kicked his ass from the forest to the highway.
    So far Lee has killed and escaped a lot of zombies. They could've overpowered zombie Larry.

• @Xarne said: and still no one has explained how they planned on killing him after he came back
    there are no sharp objects in the room, Larry is taller than everyone and you saw how long it took Kenny to manage the salt lick by himself...please
    If he came back it would be 5 dead people in that room instead of 1

They do not just pop up and in one move kill everyone in the room. They dont even get up after they are knocked down. Kenny gets ready and when I say he is done drop the block. It takes what three mins. for someone to be dead. Just give me two and then drop the block.

• wow...people are assuming that a zombie Larry would be a zombie powerhouse that is able to sneak attack despite being instead of a slow moving, severely weakend zombie with bad coordination that doesn't have the element of surprise...

I am starting to suspect that you Kenny supporters are juust trying to eat billy goats that are crossing bridges...

you say things like Larry would have turned into a red cape flying zombie of death...where is the evidence of this?...you also say things like, Kenny doesn't always make bad dicisions...when the fuck has he EVER made a decision that wasn't based on his own agenda?

I did see evidence that Larry was changing his opinion of me from outright hatred to simple caution...Kenny whent from I am his BFF to I am a peice of shit in a matter of minutes...

Larry helped the group, Kenny helps hisself...

Even Katja says that Kenny doesnt think right (or something along those lines)

• @Jazzy said: He was going to, remember he had the heart attack before the argument could be stop normally. He didn't suggest that Duck should be thrown out, he demanded it and he only held off on grabbing Duck and throwing him out because his family was in the way and even a big guy like him has to be careful of the odds (plus a knife in the gut topples anyone).

I would also like to point out that I think Larry was all bark, but no bite. About the only time I really EVER see him take initiative was when he knocks Lee flat, and it's such a dirty, underhanded move I can't even really consider such an action to be in the "guise" of group safety, but rather from a personal grudge.

And as bad as I feel for Lilly at the loss of her Dad, I think it's a pretty big mark on her leadership ability that she was never able to reign her Dad's terrible behavior in. You even have a conversation about it in the Gazebo, where she pointedly tells you that she WON'T make her Dad behave, because that's who he is. Even in the meat locker, she meekly tells him to "calm down", which we know doesn't do anything to actually MAKE him calm down. And ultimately, it is Larry's behavior that leads to his heart attack.

• @deadk1ng said: wow...people are assuming that a zombie Larry would be a zombie powerhouse that is able to sneak attack despite being instead of a slow moving, severely weakend zombie with bad coordination that doesn't have the element of surprise...

I am starting to suspect that you Kenny supporters are juust trying to eat billy goats that are crossing bridges...

you say things like Larry would have turned into a red cape flying zombie of death...where is the evidence of this?...you also say things like, Kenny doesn't always make bad dicisions...when the fuck has he EVER made a decision that wasn't based on his own agenda?

I did see evidence that Larry was changing his opinion of me from outright hatred to simple caution...Kenny whent from I am his BFF to I am a peice of shit in a matter of minutes...

Larry helped the group, Kenny helps hisself...

Even Katja says that Kenny doesnt think right (or something along those lines)

Again, schroedinger's cat! Just because your Lee saw a change in character, doesn't mean that the rest of us did. Every character has the potential to be friend/foe, and the potential to change their status with every decision that Lee makes.

Besides, Larry doesn't need to be a fast walker in order to some damage. For one, Lily (and potenitally Lee, as well) is kneeling OVER him. All he has to do is manage to grab her or her clothing, and she won't be able to get away (I don't know what hat you are pulling the "severely weakened" out of, because every walker I've encountered seems to have gained MORE strength after having turned). That's one potential casualty right there. Then, please tell me EXACTLY how Kenny and Lee are going to stop Larry...are they going to drop salt lick after salt lick until they get lucky enough to hit the Walker's head at just the right angle to damage it, all the while it is moving (it is NOT going to hold perfectly still)? We already have two examples of how our physical strength is not enough to stop a walker dead (Sandra the baby sitter and Ben's companion). Also, getting in close enough to use the salt block / or or hands and feet puts you at potential risk of being nabbed, thus making you another potential casualty.

It's also not a matter of just avoiding Larry until we escape. He has the only potential tool to unscrew the a/c in his pocket. So, even if you managed to avoid him long enough to figure out that you need to get out using the a/c vent, and that it needs to be unscrewed, and then long enough to figure out that nobody but Larry has coins in his pocket, you are EVENTUALLY going to need to incapacitate Walker Larry in order to get at the change.

• I haven't read the entire thread (it's pretty long), so I'm sorry if this leads to recursion. I agree with the sentiment of Fuck Kenny not because of his call (he made the right one, I just didn't want to be the bad guy), but because he later bragged that he was the one who made the tough calls.

After freezing during every major decision and only ever moving to save his son that one time, he has the balls to say that he makes the hard decisions? How does that even make sense? Shane made hard decisions and went the distance to keep others safe, Kenny does one thing right - with the tact of a capsized Mac Truck - and suddenly thinks he’s Savior of the Fucking Apocalypse? I’m gonna let them EAT YOU next chance I get.

Add Comment