1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • if walkers are like traditional zombies they dont get stronger in death. merely they have no threshold for pain no sense of exhaustion if they find humans behind a barrier and dont get distracted they would beat on the barrier till their muscles decayed enough for them to collapse they have the same strength they did in life but infinite stamina

• @Master of Aeons said: I haven't read the entire thread (it's pretty long), so I'm sorry if this leads to recursion. I agree with the sentiment of Fuck Kenny not because of his call (he made the right one, I just didn't want to be the bad guy), but because he later bragged that he was the one who made the tough calls.

After freezing during every major decision and only ever moving to save his son that one time, he has the balls to say that he makes the hard decisions? How does that even make sense? Shane made hard decisions and went the distance to keep others safe, Kenny does one thing right - with the tact of a capsized Mac Truck - and suddenly thinks he’s Savior of the Fucking Apocalypse? I’m gonna let them EAT YOU next chance I get.

I wouldn't call it bragging, per se. I don't think he's particularly PROUD to have made that decision. Remember that emotions are running high for the whole time that you are trying to escape from the St. John farms, and people are still coming down from the high levels of stress (and research shows that a persons cognition drops significantly under periods of stress). I take that as him responding in anger towards your ambivalence, as opposed to bragging that he makes hard decisions.

• @Sisterofshane said: I wouldn't call it bragging, per se. I don't think he's particularly PROUD to have made that decision. Remember that emotions are running high for the whole time that you are trying to escape from the St. John farms, and people are still coming down from the high levels of stress (and research shows that a persons cognition drops significantly under periods of stress). I take that as him responding in anger towards your ambivalence, as opposed to bragging that he makes hard decisions.

Regardless of my word choice, I still think he's wrong. He only made the one hard choice and ran from everything else (eg. saving Shawn Greene)

• @CapnJay said: if walkers are like traditional zombies they dont get stronger in death. merely they have no threshold for pain no sense of exhaustion if they find humans behind a barrier and dont get distracted they would beat on the barrier till their muscles decayed enough for them to collapse they have the same strength they did in life but infinite stamina

Lol, good point, but still to the same effect - a walker could keep a hold on you indefinitely, until you either force the hold to break or destroy their brain. Once one grabs you it's not a matter of "waiting it out". It's a matter of "GET AWAY THIS THING IS GOING TO EAT YOU!"

• @Master of Aeons said: Regardless of my word choice, I still think he's wrong. He only made the one hard choice and ran from everything else (eg. saving Shawn Greene)

He's wrong, but to me, he would have been forgivable. Being wrong does NOT make him a bad man, just a bad leader. You should take the opportunity on the Walk back to camp to SHOW him why he's wrong, and give him the chance to learn from his mistake. Then you take over the group, and reign him in, and remind him how "wrong" he was whenever he gets out of line. Give him a chance to correct himself, and when he screws you over AGAIN, that is when you drop him like a hot rock. That is how you deal with someone like Kenny.

• I totally agree with both of the above.

• here is how Kenny Lee could stop zombie Larry:

position curser over Larry and begin pressing A very fast

Kenny picks up saltlick (its pretty obvious that he can lift it)

keep pressing A, hit Y when prompted, Lee rolls to the left and super 300 lbs gorrila rampaging unstoppable Larry zombie falls to floor (thanks to gravity and momentum)

Kenny bashes zombie Larry's head in

Lee consoles a greiving Lilly

(or Lee could just repeatedly stomp Larries head in as he has already done with another zombie)

• @deadk1ng said: here is how Kenny Lee could stop zombie Larry:

position curser over Larry and begin pressing A very fast

Kenny picks up saltlick (its pretty obvious that he can lift it)

keep pressing A, hit Y when prompted, Lee rolls to the left and super 300 lbs gorrila rampaging unstoppable Larry zombie falls to floor (thanks to gravity and momentum)

Kenny bashes zombie Larry's head in

Lee consoles a greiving Lilly

(or Lee could just repeatedly stomp Larries head in as he has already done with another zombie)

Yeah, Kenny can lift a salt block - there is nothing to show that he can hold it indefinitely, or even long enough for you to fiddle around with Larry. It's a shoddy plan, at best.

And kicking Larry's head in would involve getting close enough to Larry to do it, putting you at risk. Lee and the others are physically weaker than they were three months prior (when Lee "makes grape juice"). Again, another iffy plan that one should only resort to when all other options have been exhausted (yeah, at that point, it probably would have been a last resort, but the point is that you don't use a "last resort" plan if you have other options).

• The thing about other plans is that any of them could have worked. The reason you only had two was because you chose to go with Kenny's plan or you had no idea about Kenny's plan and were taken by surprise.

I think the idea that there were always more options is sort of the point.

• so how do we feel about kenny not telling clementine to look away while lily and lee were distracted

Add Comment