User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @killercow28 said: I have the same issue. Episode 2 stops downloading consistently at 47%. I emailed in with the issue. It seems like emailing is no use, and this problem has persist for a while. Sorry this post doesn't help everyone, but I just wanted to jump in on the complaint.

Killercow IMO your post does help because at least we know we are not alone and there are others facing the same issues. :) I know I'm not being singled out and driven mad !!!! Thanks :) lol I really hope tt gets this issue fixed soon I think TT should give us the cd of the season for our suffering :)

• 1,5 monthly release + about 2 or more weeks just for mac, this sucks incredibly hard

• Received a reply on my mail:

Hi Jordy,

We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I apologize for the frustration and any inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended.

Thanks!,
    Eric

Seems like a standard reply, but it seems they're working on it.
    I'm really frustrated that I can't play Episode 2, and no word on how long it's gonna take.

• Seems like a standard reply, but it seems they're working on it.

Confirm, standard reply! Anyway, better than nothing :)

• I love this "losing focus" line that is being sprouted, like the game is some lazy employee who drifts off from time to time and doesn't do any work....

I'm downloading, I'm downloading, I'm downloading....shit....what was that, a screensaver, that was pretty....oops, not downloading, better give them an error message about their internet connection or they'll think it was me again.....I'm gonna get fired......

• for some reason when i log into telltale games i get told i haven't ever downloaded anything??? i downloaded this game from launch and paid 15 quid for it WTF is going on?

• Hi everybody.
    I am on MAC (MBpro) and I had the same problem. The download stops at a random position with the explicit message about my internet connection. I tried 5 times in 3 days.

On the first episode, when we have the choice to give a gun to the lady in the motel, the game freezed at every time. I changed the settings and disabled the shadows. I tried again and no bugs. Hmmmm ok, why not.

I wanted to test the same routine for the download process. Who knows? Maybe it will work. I set all settings at the minimum level and fullscreen off. This time, everything is fine. Download 100%. Episode 2 installed.

I don't know if they worked on their side or if this 'settings hack' is a good solution but for me it worked, so just try this. Just in case.

Good luck to you fellas!!

• @numi said: Hi everybody.
    I don't know if they worked on their side or if this 'settings hack' is a good solution but for me it worked, so just try this. Just in case.
    Good luck to you fellas!!

Thanks numi, I must admit I was dubious but I tried it, hell, you've provided more support than TT so far :)

I got to 48% in record time with all settings low/off and at 640*480 in a window. Then it crashed the application.

I'll try it again as it seemed promising until the crash but I'm heading out now.

Thanks.

• i've finally got a reply from the tech support team..

========================

Hi Boon,

We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. In the meantime, please ensure that you have a strong and stable connection to the internet when trying to download. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop.

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended.

Thank you for your patience,
    Eric

• there's no ETA on the date it will be fixed though.. but at least hearing that they are fixing on this.. meanwhile i'll try to forget this.. maybe they will fix this by the time episode 3 come out then i can play both episodes together..

Add Comment